Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Players can't create a character

Mark Cashion
Marketplace Creator
So when I assigned a character sheet to the game, no players can create their own character. They can't see anyway to add/edit a character sheet. I have looked on the wiki & nothing has helped the problem. I created the game at first without a character but 2 (or 3) days ago I added the Character Sheet I wanted, but nothing. I have already added a Character Sheet to the game in the Game Settings. I am using  the DnD 5th Edition (Community Contributed) template if that matters. Is there a step that I have missed or did I setup the game wrong?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You need to add a character sheet and then assign it to the player. There are two fields...In Journal and Can Control and Edit. Once you set the player in both of those fields they can then complete the character sheet.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You as gm need to add characters and then assign them to players. The players can then put all the details in. You will need to assign a default token if you want players to have a default token that is created Everytime they or you drag their character onto the vtt.
Mark Cashion
Marketplace Creator
Oh, ok. I thought players themselves can add their own character. Thank you for the quick reply & help.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Mark. There is an API script (pro subscription feature) that will allow your players to do what you want. It is called  Charsheet and is part of the one click install for API scripts.

Edited 1477555743
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pat S. said: Mark. There is an API script (pro subscription feature) that will allow your players to do what you want. It is called  Charsheet and is part of the one click install for API scripts. Players who have subscriptions of their own can create a character in their own campaign, save it to their Character Vault, and then export the character to your campaign (even if you're not a subscriber) so long as you have CV imports enabled for the campaign. The GM still has to assign the character to the player, but at least the player doesn't have to wait for you to create the journal entry for them before they start the work of inputting the appropriate data.