We use Cookies to help personalize and improve Roll20. For more information on our use of non-essential Cookies, visit our Privacy Policy here.
Accept
Advertisement Create a free account

Need help with syntax for repeating attributes on the AD&D2e character sheet.

I'm trying to write a macro that makes use of the AD&D2e character sheet weapon table to roll initiative depending on which weapon you are using.&nbsp; The example given here <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Referencing_Repeati" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Referencing_Repeati</a>... is&nbsp;@{selected|repeating_items_$1_itembonus} But i'm not sure what I need to do in order to pull up a specific weapon's speed. &nbsp;Can anyone provide an example of what I'm looking for?
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
So, these would be expressed as @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapspeed} or @{repeating_weapons2_$X_weapspeed} for ranged weapons in the newest edition that hasn't been released yet. NOTE: this is for the sheet I wrote, I don't know what Dylan's sections are written as.

Edited 1478298776
SFX said: So, these would be expressed as @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapspeed} or @{repeating_weapons2_$X_weapspeed} for ranged weapons in the newest edition that hasn't been released yet. NOTE: this is for the sheet I wrote, I don't know what Dylan's sections are written as. This is what i have so far: [[d10+@{selected|token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed}]] Do i need the dollar sign in there? So far, this isn't working. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "s" found.
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Gargamond said: SFX said: So, these would be expressed as @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapspeed} or @{repeating_weapons2_$X_weapspeed} for ranged weapons in the newest edition that hasn't been released yet. NOTE: this is for the sheet I wrote, I don't know what Dylan's sections are written as. This is what i have so far: [[d10+@{selected|token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed}]] Do i need the dollar sign in there? So far, this isn't working. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "s" found. Just guessing, without looking the actual attribute name, but is the speed attribute actually "token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed" or should it be "repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed"? example [[ d10+@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed} ]] also, ensure your token is linked to a sheet. ( Linking Tokens to Journals ) Cheers

Edited 1478300812
Vince said: Gargamond said: SFX said: So, these would be expressed as @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapspeed} or @{repeating_weapons2_$X_weapspeed} for ranged weapons in the newest edition that hasn't been released yet. NOTE: this is for the sheet I wrote, I don't know what Dylan's sections are written as. This is what i have so far: [[d10+@{selected|token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed}]] Do i need the dollar sign in there? So far, this isn't working. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "s" found. Just guessing, without looking the actual attribute name, but is the speed attribute actually "token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed" or should it be "repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed"? example [[ d10+@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed} ]] also, ensure your token is linked to a sheet. ( Linking Tokens to Journals ) Cheers When I use [[ d10+@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed} ]], the error says: No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_weapon_0_weapspeed} Yes, the token is correctly linked to a character sheet.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
well... typically selected| is for clickies... so, if you are using a generic non-sheet specific macro, I would suggest something to the effect of, @{Seth|repeating_weapons_$0_weapspeed} ANNNNND as I typed that I saw your problem... you're missing an S.
SFX said: well... typically selected| is for clickies... so, if you are using a generic non-sheet specific macro, I would suggest something to the effect of, @{Seth|repeating_weapons_$0_weapspeed} ANNNNND as I typed that I saw your problem... you're missing an S. [[d10+@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapspeed}]] works. &nbsp;Thanks :D
Here's a link to the results if you're interested. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2994028/ad-and-d" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2994028/ad-and-d</a>...