Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Arcade style "Ready" check for players.

It's really simple, in a lot of multiplayer games such as Castle Crashers, before everyone starts they have to push A to show that they're ready.  It would be a nice option for game masters to be able to make this sort of check with their players to know when the game can start, or when to resume, or it could even serve as an ingame function.  The GM could hit a button somewhere or even type a command, and a prompt could open to the players, or it could just enable the "ready check mode" or something. I like the idea of being able to toggle this mode, and it says something in the chat log or somewhere on the screen to notify the players of it.  Then maybe the players could click on their own avatar or namebox, and a green box could wrap around it to show that they're ready to go.  Of course, the GM should be able to clear the check or reset the mode to normal at any point.  Maybe it could push a prompt to the screen and grey everything else out with options the GM can write in themselves?  There's a lot of possibilities on how it could be implemented, and if it was extended a bit, it could be used for voting purposes, and maybe even more creative uses. I for one would find a lot of use out of it.  I don't think anyone has suggested this already?
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .