Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 7.3.9

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are ever concerned about data loss I recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy to see how it'll work. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab . Please include screenshots if appropriate and please provide a full reproduction path (on a clean character sheet if possible). Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for Monsters, NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (All languages supported by Roll20) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.3.9 (2016-12-02) Bug Fixes Roll2 and initiative bug solved. See <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/20/r" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/20/r</a>... Barbarian causing javascript issues (and therefore not processing spells) solved. See <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/22/u" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/22/u</a>... NPCs can now drag and drop spells to the spells section of their core page. To drag and drop a NPC from the compendium you must drag it to the left column now. See <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/23/d" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/23/d</a>... The center and right column of the core tab for PCs can now grow in size, allowing for wider sections if you widen your character sheet. The sheet's max width has been removed, allowing both the PC and NPC sheets to grow with certain parts growing. This should fix all outstanding issues. If you have any new issues or any old issues that are not fixed: Kryx said: Please report any bugs in the issues tab . Please include screenshots if appropriate and please provide a full reproduction path (on a clean character sheet if possible). I've setup a laptop as a temporary workspace so I can push out fixes.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.4.0 (2016-12-02) Features Added passive skills. Labeled as "SKILL_passive". Example: "nature_passive" or "perception_passive". This will only exist if you have "Passive skills" checked. See&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/17/p" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/17/p</a>... Bug Fixes Only certain upgrades notify users (currently 6.11.6, 7.0.4, and 7.2.1). Users are notified before the upgrade starts - this should move the notification earlier in the process so it lags after the notification appears. Custom class' name field now shows when "Custom" is selected as the class.
Woo hoo! Awesome.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Where's that promised bug bounty, huh!? :D jk
Ever since the update when ever anyone in my group trys to input a basic weapon attack this comes up. all old weapons still work. any ideas?

Edited 1480716206
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi Sean, This is a known bug and the workaround is to drag any weapons from the Compenduim and edit it as needed. This is already fixed since 7.3.9 I believe. Kryx, I really love the new version, and so do my players, both for PC and NPC with Spells and Innate casting. Great job !
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Orta said: This is a known bug and the workaround is to drag any weapons from the Compenduim and edit it as needed. This is already fixed since 7.3.9 I believe. Fixed as part of 7.3.8 (See&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/19/a" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/19/a</a>... awaiting release from roll20. Orta said: Kryx, I really love the new version, and so do my players, both for PC and NPC with Spells and Innate casting. Great job ! Thanks! That feels nice to hear someone enjoy the NPC spellcasting that I put many hours into!
Kryx said: Where's that promised bug bounty, huh!? :D jk Oh, it's coming buddy.&nbsp;

Edited 1480717498
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dvergr76 said: Oh, it's coming buddy.&nbsp; I was really joking. It just feels great to see people enjoy parts of the sheet and the work I do on it. :) EDIT: But thank you very much as well. :)
ok thanks for the help

Edited 1480723633
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.4.1 (2016-12-02) Bug Fixes Prevent errored out classes caused by 7.3.9 Styling adjustments to make firefox look nicer (heart, shield, proficiency bonus, exhaustion, a few others) PC sheet overall font size adjusted to match the paper sheet. If you need a larger font-size the zoom feature in roll20 exists. The left column of the sheet (abilities, saves, skills, etc) is now slightly less wide NPC inputs and spells now match the correct font-face max-height removed from PC traits. I may add some toggles for condensed if people want it.
Great work, the new sheet is so incredibly fast!
Kryx said: Dvergr76 said: Oh, it's coming buddy.&nbsp; I was really joking. It just feels great to see people enjoy parts of the sheet and the work I do on it. :) EDIT: But thank you very much as well. :) Aaw, I knew you were joking. Just donating because I wanted to.
I am terribly sorry but the speed on this sheet for me does not justify the functionality of the previous version. My campaign is currently in the higher levels and we have multiple high level spell casters that just got destroyed on their sheets. The old Equipment page was also much better and allowed for players to have quicker access (even if load times were a problem, which for us was not) to adding new fun items we found.&nbsp; Really not a fan of this new version for our current campaign..... I could see maybe being a bunch of lower levels with a lot less in the spell department and magic to choose from....maybe it would work?&nbsp; Is there any way to use the old version to finish out our campaign? We enjoy the work you do but could really use a roll back version for this week and maybe the next few as we finish out our campaign. &nbsp;
matt o. said: I am terribly sorry but the speed on this sheet for me does not justify the functionality of the previous version. My campaign is currently in the higher levels and we have multiple high level spell casters that just got destroyed on their sheets. The old Equipment page was also much better and allowed for players to have quicker access (even if load times were a problem, which for us was not) to adding new fun items we found.&nbsp; Really not a fan of this new version for our current campaign..... I could see maybe being a bunch of lower levels with a lot less in the spell department and magic to choose from....maybe it would work?&nbsp; Is there any way to use the old version to finish out our campaign? We enjoy the work you do but could really use a roll back version for this week and maybe the next few as we finish out our campaign. &nbsp; How has spells changed for you? You can remove it from the core page completely, and just have it on its own page. It really hasn't changed all that much in that regard.

Edited 1480726965
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
alexander h. said: How has spells changed for you? You can remove it from the core page completely, and just have it on its own page. It really hasn't changed all that much in that regard. Indeed, spells on old sheets act nearly the exact same as before besides the split by level. You don't like the spells on the core page? Turn them off. You don't like the condensed view? Turn it off. The spells tab is on by default for all old sheets so nothing should've changed in that regard. matt o. said: we have multiple high level spell casters that just got destroyed on their sheets. What got destroyed? Unless you stopped the upgrade everything should be pretty much the same. Make sure your filtering is set correctly if you think you're missing spells.
Not noticing any problems in the test game but have not been able test that much today, so just a few thoughts on it so far. - Max height on features and traits would really be nice to have back as an option or a condensed mode in general. A druid's wild shape can take up too much room alone, the reduce space with text was nice so having that condense option would be great. - Initiative with roll2. I may be wrong but I thought before initiative never applied roll2 to it, with roll2 it is always using the second number and initiative already has its own separate options on the settings page. So having it ignore roll2 and just stick to its chosen option on the settings page could be better as I think it worked like that before as I never remember init rolling twice and everyone in my games uses roll2. Again, thanks for all the work especially since I believe you are still moving so you don't even have your proper set up to work on this. I am still loving the last update as well as some of the adjustments being made in the test game.
Orta said: Hi Sean, This is a known bug and the workaround is to drag any weapons from the Compenduim and edit it as needed. This is already fixed since 7.3.9 I believe. Kryx, I really love the new version, and so do my players, both for PC and NPC with Spells and Innate casting. Great job ! I have the same problem (posted it as a thread) and im trying to fill in everything that i can i have yet to stumble upon a solution
BIGBOIOTAKU said: Orta said: Hi Sean, This is a known bug and the workaround is to drag any weapons from the Compenduim and edit it as needed . This is already fixed since 7.3.9 I believe. Kryx, I really love the new version, and so do my players, both for PC and NPC with Spells and Innate casting. Great job ! I have the same problem (posted it as a thread) and im trying to fill in everything that i can i have yet to stumble upon a solution If you look at the message you replied to, the workaround is listed there. Drag a weapon from the Compendium, then edit it to what you need :)
Can someone tell me how to update our character sheets, we're stuck on 7.3.7 and it's buggy times. Thanks.
Rob said: Can someone tell me how to update our character sheets, we're stuck on 7.3.7 and it's buggy times. Thanks. The DM needs to be pro and update themselves or wait till roll20 does the update.
Trying to copy new CSS onto the custom character sheets, and it looks like it's all one line. Because of that it wont copy successfully into roll 20.&nbsp; Looking here btw.
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
The CSS was always condensed on one line as far as I remember. It should not prevent you from copying it onto roll20 Custom Sheet page. Is there an error message when you try to save it on roll20 page ?
After you added the option to drag and drop spells onto NPC sheets, is the same feature planned for dropping weapon as actions onto NPC sheets?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vanakoji said: - Max height on features and traits would really be nice to have back as an option or a condensed mode in general. A druid's wild shape can take up too much room alone, the reduce space with text was nice so having that condense option would be great. The max-height option is very janky and doesn't work on firefox. I mentioned the option of doing a condensed system above. So that would be 2 options: full text, and just the title. Is an intermediate option needed? I guess if I do max-height as an intermediate option firefox users can avoid it. Also keep in mind that display text is only used for the sheet, not the output, so it can be edited to however desired (though people shouldn't have to remove it all, it's just a option) Let me know if the 2 options or the 2 options+intermediate step would solve your needs. Vanakoji said: - Initiative with roll2. I may be wrong but I thought before initiative never applied roll2 to it, with roll2 it is always using the second number and initiative already has its own separate options on the settings page. So having it ignore roll2 and just stick to its chosen option on the settings page could be better as I think it worked like that before as I never remember init rolling twice and everyone in my games uses roll2. See&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/20/r" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/20/r</a>... for the discussion. Initiative should work like skills do currently with the ability to select how it rolls (adv/dis/normal). G-Wave said: Trying to copy new CSS onto the custom character sheets, and it looks like it's all one line. Because of that it wont copy successfully into roll 20.&nbsp; Looking here btw. CSS and HTML are both minimized. Just select all (control+a on windows) and copy and it'll work fine. zerosius said: After you added the option to drag and drop spells onto NPC sheets, is the same feature planned for dropping weapon as actions onto NPC sheets? I can add the same option for attacks into actions, sure. Good idea!

Edited 1480759173
Vanakoji
KS Backer
The max-height option is very janky and doesn't work on firefox. I mentioned the option of doing a condensed system above. So that would be 2 options: full text, and just the title. Is an intermediate option needed? I guess if I do max-height as an intermediate option firefox users can avoid it. Also keep in mind that display text is only used for the sheet, not the output, so it can be edited to however desired (though people shouldn't have to remove it all, it's just a option) Let me know if the 2 options or the 2 options+intermediate step would solve your needs. The intermediate option would be a nice to have but not something I personally would really need, a nice condensed mode alone would work well for what I would like to see.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, I'll add the condense option which will just show the title. :)
Kryx said: I can add the same option for attacks into actions, sure. Good idea! Thank you! That is gonna help a lot with creating custom NPCs. Ah he is going to use a longbow - Drop it in - adjust if nessecary.

Edited 1480763546
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.5.0 (2016-12-03) Features Weapons can be dragged from the SRD to NPC actions, reactions, bonus actions, legendary actions, etc. Any weapon with freetext will untoggle some toggles, but if you retoggle them it should work ok. I've opened&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/25/d" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/25/d</a>... to handle that issue, but it's not a simple fix. Traits can now be condensed to just the title for both PCs and NPCs Bug Fixes Traits title is indented properly in presentation mode if it has uses. Spell styling cleaned up. They will now appear side by side on the core page if that area becomes wide enough (if the sheet's overall width increases) I could make it so only the middle column expands on the core tab for PCs as the right column isn't as valuable. You'd then hit the breakpoint for multiple spells next to eachother sooner. Thoughts? Initiative for roll2 still needs to be looked at <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/20/r" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/20/r</a>...

Edited 1480767128
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I could make it so only the middle column expands on the core tab for PCs as the right column isn't as valuable. You'd then hit the breakpoint for multiple spells next to eachother sooner. Thoughts? Initiative for roll2 still needs to be looked at <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/20/r" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/20/r</a>... Nice @traits! I would prefer if only the middle column expands, equipment and spells need the space more than traits do... in fact, very wide traits become less readable.&nbsp;
Vanakoji said: Rob said: Can someone tell me how to update our character sheets, we're stuck on 7.3.7 and it's buggy times. Thanks. The DM needs to be pro and update themselves or wait till roll20 does the update. Ty
Appreciate you updating the character sheet to fix the load times and bugs, only complaint is the missing equipment tab. I, for one, found it really useful, especially since all my players at least 15-20 items each. I realise that the new sheet is very similar to the real paper one, but losing a very handy feature for the sake of looking like a less than perfect sheet is not a good decision in my eyes. I don't want to sound demanding or entitled, but is there any way to bring the equipment tab back, or find a more elegant solution than what we currently have? As far as I know you can't see the contents of the equipment unless you're in edit mode or you click to see it in chat.&nbsp; Thanks for the continued support :)
You might have the "Quick" items button selected.&nbsp;
How does one get roll20 to roll out a newer version? &nbsp;7.3.7 is having extreme issues with processing the character sheet.
As far a I can tell the "Quick" items button just hides items that are unchecked.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Derek Z. said: How does one get roll20 to roll out a newer version? &nbsp;7.3.7 is having extreme issues with processing the character sheet. This has been answered a few times. Vanakoji said: The DM needs to be pro and update themselves or wait till roll20 does the update. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I can do nothing to speed up roll20's processes. Scott A. said: As far a I can tell the "Quick" items button just hides items that are unchecked. That is correct. I mentioned adding a condense option to equipment and will likely do so very soon.
I don't see the answer, I see the answer that you need to upgrade to Pro to upgrade the sheet using a custom character sheet. &nbsp;I don't have pro. &nbsp;But my question is how to get roll20 to roll out a newer version of your sheet for non-pro users. &nbsp;7.3.7 is buggy and my players are losing lots of data.

Edited 1480781708
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Derek Z. said: But my question is how to get roll20 to roll out a newer version of your sheet for non-pro users. &nbsp;7.3.7 is buggy and my players are losing lots of data. You can do nothing but wait for the roll20 developers to accept my pull request which typically is published live on Tuesdays. No data is being lost. Attacks don't work if you change them unless if you use the workaround (drag an item from SRD), but no data is lost at all. Is there a different issue that you're experiencing?
The character sheets with spells have lost many spells. &nbsp;Attacks on some of the weapons and spells have disappeared. &nbsp;We had 7.3.4 and this only happened when they upgraded to the 7.3.7. &nbsp;We checked it with different campaigns and we all experienced the same problem. &nbsp;Glad it will only be on Tuesday. &nbsp;Thank for the help. &nbsp;Looks like any problems will get resolved with the newer update.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Derek Z. said: The character sheets with spells have lost many spells. No spells have been lost and nothing regarding spells is changing in the latest versions. So waiting for the next version will not change what you're seeing. What, exactly, are you seeing? Ensure that your filtering is setup correctly. Derek Z. said: Attacks on some of the weapons and spells have disappeared. Attacks will break if you change them. As mentioned above several times now the workaround is to drag a weapon from the SRD and then change it. If this is not possible then I'm afraid you'll have to wait for this to be fixed.

Edited 1480786465
When creating new features, in the bottom right of the sheet, giving them saving throws, attacks and damage does not work. The values are not rolled when the features are clicked. In addition no longer able to edit the name of a custom class, the information of what the class was labeled is present from the previous version of the sheet but the ability to label new custom classes or edit existing does not seem to be present.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please read the above posts that address the attack and damage issue. Custom class names are addressed as part of 7.4.0

Edited 1480790231
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.6.0 (2016-12-03) Features Russian updated. Thanks&nbsp;Netoen Equipment can be condensed. It defaults to being condensed. See screenshot below for the uncondensed version Added a new "Conditions" box. Moved exhaustion to it. I may add some more conditions to it, but making the effects automatic is difficult. See screenshot below HP area redesigned (I may move rests soon as well). See screenshot below Bug Fixes On the Core page for PCs the right column no longer grows
Kryx said: Added a new "Conditions" box. Moved exhaustion to it. I may add some more conditions to it, but making the effects automatic is difficult. HP area redesigned as well (I may move rests soon as well). See screenshot below Nice to see you start working on this request. I will say what I said earlier. I don't think you need to add effects of the condition but it would be great if it could be output into the chat on any and every roll. For example you could add a subtitle or an emote that says So-and-So is at exhuastion level 1 or So-and-So has condition(s): bless, restrained.&nbsp; Just some ideas. H
HLazar said: Kryx said: Added a new "Conditions" box. Moved exhaustion to it. I may add some more conditions to it, but making the effects automatic is difficult. HP area redesigned as well (I may move rests soon as well). See screenshot below Nice to see you start working on this request. I will say what I said earlier. I don't think you need to add effects of the condition but it would be great if it could be output into the chat on any and every roll. For example you could add a subtitle or an emote that says So-and-So is at exhuastion level 1 or So-and-So has condition(s): bless, restrained.&nbsp; Just some ideas. H Another possible use would be as a hook for an api script to add a status marker to the token.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ken M. said: Another possible use would be as a hook for an api script to add a status marker to the token. That would be my long term goal. I'm not sure conditions can affect other rolls in a good system, but I want to avoid a temporary solution that will later be replaced. I have some ideas I can try relatively soon though.
Hi. I spotted you went through the steps to update as a pro account holder, but how do the people who aren't and still using Shaped V7.3.7 get the updated sheets with fixes. We are still having a fair few probs that the update would fix
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rosefirefly said: Hi. I spotted you went through the steps to update as a pro account holder, but how do the people who aren't and still using Shaped V7.3.7 get the updated sheets with fixes. We are still having a fair few probs that the update would fix Please read the posts on this thread before replying. The answer to your question is just a few posts up: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4322241/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4322241/</a> is one of those cases that you can read.

Edited 1480794638
Approximately how long does it take for each character sheet to update to the new version? I'm not asking to be a pain, but because I don't want to close anything if it's not hung up. (By the way, awesome sheet! Thanks!) Also, is there some indication when it is done processing?