Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Moving Macro Buttons, and Colored Token Actions

Score + 210
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
I suggest first: That Token Action Macro Buttons be handled like the buttons on the Macro Bar. Able to be re-colored and re-named. Second, I suggest that the Token Action Bar, and Macro Bar, both be movable. Third, allow them to be re-sized, allowing for 4 macro buttons to be displayed 4x1, 2x2, or 1x4. The third suggestion would allow users to create something closer to a "Macro Box", where they could organize several categories of macro just by re-ordering them within the box, and reshaping the box to the desired layout. Thank you for your time!
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Exactly the suggestion I was looking for.
I've started using token actions to speed up combat, scripting several of my recurring generic minions such as orcs, skeletons, and guards with initiative and Attack/Ability/Cantrip macro buttons. It looks manageable when I've got simple dudes.  Combat boils down to either "attack from close" or "shoot them with a bow".  Nothing a button or two can't handle. But then you get to some of the more... versatile combatants.  When the top of your 1080p monitor starts becoming a newscast feed of pressable combat smackdowns and fun packages, it would make things easier to navigate (and a lot nicer to behold) if they weren't all the same monotone shade of light grey. This, or some other method of token action ribbon customization, is probably the feature I'm looking forward to the most.
If they could make the element of the UI dockable it would be amazing.
this gets my vote 
I agree. Movable UI elements like these would really speed up my games!
Seconded.  I just found out that the macro quick bar is stuck at the bottom left :(
Seconded, colored token action buttons would be really nice.
I'd be happy enough if token actions would honor the order they are listed on the character sheet. Unchecking Sort Alphabetically from the My Settings tab doesn't resolve this. I have been told that if you only have Token Actions from the Character Sheet and NO macros from the Macro Collection that this should be the case, but it's not. I was told this wasn't a bug, but working as intended. Here's an example of a creature that has several abilities as Token Actions. You can see that they do not honor the order.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
+1 Yep, make the token action bar just as flexible as the macro bar.
+1
+1
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Would be good to have.
+1
+1
+1 All great suggestions.
This really should be a thing... I don't want my Token actions buttons at the top - I want them above the Macro bar

Edited 1563097669
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Hello, this is OP.. long-timeuser, and marketplace creator. It's been 2.5 years since this request was made... and there's be no change to the functionality of buttons. I'm here today to ask that each of you who've posted here... encourage the players and DMs in your groups to come +1 this as well...  because this shit needs to get done asap. We don't need more gosh darn JUKEBOX FUNCTIONALITY IF I CAN'T EVEN GET MY DANG ABILITIES TO WORK BECAUSE THE BUTTONS ARE INSANE...\ Thanks for your time, good luck, have fun, happy gaming! o/
Yeah, I agree that the priorities the developers work to do seem somewhat - random. That said, I am seeing (finally) some movement on some even older and more highly voted suggestions so we can only hope they will come to fixing the many issues that goes on with token action buttons. Honestly, I have given up trying to Sort them. The best I can do is try to create them in the order I want to see them and HOPE that the RNG gods don't interfere. If they do, I know it is a lost cause and I simply delete all the macros and try recreating them. Quite pathetic, but it sometimes works. :/
+1
Hey first post on this forum, 1000 hours+ GM. Trying to speed combat up by programming my players moves. My newbies would really appreciate colored macro buttons on token actions (which are the only ones I can set up with out their login, which I dont want to have). Please +1
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Zachary V. said: Hey first post on this forum, 1000 hours+ GM. Trying to speed combat up by programming my players moves. My newbies would really appreciate colored macro buttons on token actions (which are the only ones I can set up with out their login, which I dont want to have). Please +1 The work-around is to program macros into a shared character sheet called like, "PMacros". I'll be damned if i can explain the rest from there, but I remember there's a way you can call attributes from a different sheet within yours, which you and the players could both access if it's on a shared sheet... OR THEY COULD JUST FIX THIS
Would enjoy more customization when it comes to macro/token buttons as well!
+1
+1
+1
+1
+over9000
+1
+1
I'm kinda astounded that this thread only has 49 upvotes. REALLY? This is one of the most annoying things and yet would be so easy for them to fix!
+1 Colored token macro actions!!!! Hell yeah plz.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I posted an example of how to color your Token Macro Bar buttons. The example isn't perfect, but it might be a partial solution. Let me know what you think. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7841113/show-off-your-style-2-the-stylening/?pageforid=7913333#post-7913333" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7841113/show-off-your-style-2-the-stylening/?pageforid=7913333#post-7913333</a>

Edited 1578630771
+1
JJA
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1
+1
+1
+1 please :)
+1

Edited 1586922771
+1 for a big step in making the interface less cluttered