Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Moving Macro Buttons, and Colored Token Actions

Score + 210
+1
+1
+1. Would love this!
+1
+1  ---  YAAAAASSSSSS!!!!
+1 --- Also would it be possible to have token actions that can be linked to journal pages without the chat link?
+1 Came here looking for a solution to this. I want to be able to label some of my monster's token actions in the Red colour so I know to only use them once.
+1
+1 Would love to see this feature.
+1
+1
Definitely +1 on this.  I've finally gotten too many macros in my token actions bar and need to be able to organize them according to group.  The seemingly random organization makes no sense.  Removing alphabetical helps (in my case) but still need more functionality to match the macro bar.
+1 Because I'm running a non-directly-supported RPG system, I'm using attributes and token actions to simplify things.  The lack of coloring/sorting/tweaking makes it rough.
+1
+1 - Huge quality of life feature
+1 but they don't care
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Oh heck yes. Also about that sorting thing... I seem to have the direct opposite. I can not turn of the Alphabetic Order anywhere, so they do end up in that order at least, and in order to sort them into categories I use an emoji infront of the tokenmacro name, such as ⚔️Initiative. (It took a bit of testing to find emojis that fit the categories and ended up in a preferable order, the "emojilphabet" order. xD Buuuuuut.... the order of the macros in the actual Attributes tab does help with finding a macro quickly if you have plenty, so I tend to drag them up and down to sort them in there... however, if I then close down the character sheet, and later open it up again.. they MAY stay the same, or they may be completely shuffled around again..... >_>
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If anyone is interested, you can style individual Token Action buttons with Stylus (along with the whole bar): Not the same as being able to do it straight through the UI, but I can throw a post up in the Stylening thread if anyone wants a hand setting it up. Once you have a button template it's probably 1 5 seconds work to do a new button (plus however long it takes you to decide on colours).
+1 Please make this a feature. It has been 3 years since the original request!

Edited 1605709678
mrianmerry
Sheet Author
Garrett K. said: The work-around is to program macros into a shared character sheet called like, "PMacros". I'll be damned if i can explain the rest from there, but I remember there's a way you can call attributes from a different sheet within yours, which you and the players could both access if it's on a shared sheet... So the way this works is like this; The PMacros character abilities references attributes and abilities via @{selected|<attribute-name>} and %{selected|<ability-name>} The player references the PMacros character abilities with %{PMacros|<ability-name>}  and can save that into a macro (or drag the ability button from the PMacros character sheet to their macro bar!) This setup works if the players remember to select the dang token before using the ability! Good luck! And remember to use the HTML escape characters for ", | }" and any other special things that might get fudged up by how Roll20 parse and evaluate macros. (why there isn't an in-line monospace formatting option I do not know....)
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1 Do want.
3 year old request that seems like a simple fix (macro bar already has ALL of the exact functionality thats being requested). Can this please be addressed?
Dungeon Master said: 3 year old request that seems like a simple fix (macro bar already has ALL of the exact functionality thats being requested). Can this please be addressed? Correction: 5 years and counting.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1  one for everyone in my group
+1
+1
+1
+1 obvious.