Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Way to Vote for MVP/Point Giving/xp-votes-rewards

I tried to search the forum if this was something someone had done before, but couldn't find anything. My group uses a system where we grant people a "roleplay" xp bonus after each adventure, as well as "Feats of Awesome" (point that allow to do amazing feats later) this is done somewhat anonymously and we have done it on our facebook group (personal chats and so on), but it just feels like this is something that could be done inside of "Roll20". I'm not yet skilled enough with JavaScript to make this myself, and I'm not even sure where to begin.  How it would work. GM: enables voting, selects topic .ie !cvote "Award the Player(2) you feel did some good roleplaying doing this session" Player: can "mark" the player they want to nominate. And either assign "xp" or "a point" and a "reason" System: adds points, append summaries. GM: pushes "done"  System: a status / summary.  The GM Output This could be a "Great Roleplaying Pool of 500" points for 5 players. player#1 gets 3 points (3/500 = 300xp) "Player did really well, I like his attempt at convincing the kobolt that he was actually a dragon lord",  player#2 gets 1 points (1/500 = 100xp) "The way player 2 gave the merchant his items back was delirious" player#3 gets 0 points (0 xp) player#4 gets 1 point (1/500 = 100xp) "the explanation of the fight scene just made me wanna play better" player#5 gets 0 points (xp)  Options for this would be: Anonymous voting (yes/no) (should people see, "player3 one voted for player 3, and player 5" or just see "player1 voted") Point Pool (yes/no) (is there a point pool, or is it just comments) Amount of available votes per player nX (should it be 1 vote per player, or more?) Post Result to chat (yes/no/gm-only/all) (should it post the results to the chat, to the players, gm or to everyone) Include comments in "post result" (yes/no/gm-only)  Use Log (yes/no) (this would be a badge / ikon / token/GM-character on that perhaps could function as a log or similar for all the votes, for storage or later statistics by the GM to see if someone needs a little roleplay nodge, or perhaps is lagging behind the other players in levels/xp/stuff.) Best Regards L

Edited 1482233151
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
That would be interesting to see. :)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'll post more in depth later on (about to head to work), but this would be something I could see adding to EasyExperience.
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Could also be done using ammo tracker. Make a macro that deducts an ammunition from an attribute the players have which stores the number of points they're able to give, and adds a different kind of ammo to the selected player, which is their points received. Both ammo are attributes stored in each players sheets. You can use the ammo tracker api to set all players ammo full at the start of each session, then they can award their points on the fly how they choose (maybe whispers gm). Another macro could call the pointsrecieced attribute from each player at the end of the game. could do the exact same idea using chatsetattribute api or anything similar
Interesting ideas, both the Ammo tracker and the EasyExperience Addons have great potentiale there, maybe if I get some time in the holidays, I'll see if I can do something with those - if it's okey with the authors. but since JavaScript is very far away on my knowledge list, someone with more skill might actually be able to do it in a 10th of a time. :D
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think for the methods suggested by people here you do not need to know Javascript at all, you should just be able to install the scripts and get (at least some) of the functionality you want just using macros that call the scripts.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you want to try to tackle modifying EasyExperience, that's fine with me, just pm me a link to the gist of your updates rather than uploading directly to the repository. Otherwise, I'll take a look at adding this functionality during my long Christmas weekend.
Sounds good -Thanks, I'll give it at look, as I mentioned if anyone happens to figure it out in the mean time, I'll be glad to hear about it. :D