Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Star Wars FFG Vehicle Rolls

Hello. I'm using the star wars dice roller API script, and the character sheets. I set up an NPC vehicle, and an NPC gunner with skills (when the gunner character doesn't exist, the weapon dice roll gives an error). However, it seems no matter what the referenced gunner's skills are, the dice pool consists of 1 green die, unless I manually add them (2y, or click in the dice box). Am I using this incorrectly, or is it simply not set up to reference the appropriate skills?
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello Blast, I think it's because even when you select th NPC sheet, the skill referenced whe you put a crew member in a vehicle is that of the Character sheet of your crew (with 1 stat by default, so 1 green dice), not your NPC stat.
That makes sense. Just tested it by adding the skills/stats to the character tab, and it worked. Thanks.

Edited 1483481940
I'm new to this, so I apologize if this is something obvious.  I tried adding a skill to the character tab and I still can't get it to work.  Does anyone know where I can find explicit instructions on how to fill out the vehicle part of the sheet.  I'd love to see some examples.  I'm especially interested in learning how to have the entire crew be referenced on one vehicle sheet.
The vehicle references the skill on the character tab of the linked character. So, for example, if you want your crew to have a pilot, two gunners, and a mechanic, you'll need their character sheet names. Let's say your pilot is Bob. Your ship has a crew roles section. In there, you enter character name: Bob, crew role: pilot, dice: leave empty, skill: pilot (space). Similar for your mechanic. For the gunners, put in the weapons, and link the different characters similarly.
Blast L., thanks for the response!  I am able to get it to work if I have filled out a full character sheet for the character.  I can't seem to get it to work for the NPC sheet.  Am I correct in concluding that a full character sheet is required instead of an NPC sheet?  I hope that I'm wrong because I've found the NPC sheets to be very useful.
Well, what I did was, first I filled out an NPC sheet for a TIE Ace minion. On a vehicle sheet for a tie fighter, which I called TIE Fighter Ace Pilot, I put in the reference to the TIE Ace. However, as Orta mentioned, it references the character tab. So, I did fill that part out as well, but only the relevant section (only his agility, pilot skill, and gunnery skill).  Or more succinctly, the NPC sheets should work, but you just need to put in the linked stats/skill on the Character tab as well. It should only be 1 or 2 characteristics and 1 or 2 skills.
Thanks for the help, Blast L.
No problem.