Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Release: Pen & Paper - The Caves

Edited 1483023681
Ink Dungeons
Marketplace Creator
Hi everyone, I am a new marketplace developer, and am interested in receiving any and all feedback. I understand the style of this art is a bit different than what already exists on the marketplace, so I am eager to see how it is received. Pen & Paper - The Caves The highlights of this pack: There are ten pre-made maps, good to go with assets populated. Each map is also available with no assets, so players can populate them themselves. Some of the maps are especially large, and can fit 3-4 encounters quite easily. Five overlays were included and can be placed on top of the map they are dedicated to for a distinct environmental change. Style Inspiration and Thought Process What I find intriguing about this style and what motivated me to create this set was that it can be used with Roll20's basic functionality. Players can use the simple line drawing tools, create any environment they want, and then drop the assets on top. Since they themselves are black and white, they merge well and the black and white style leaves a good amount of maneuverability for player and GM imaginations. Essentially the theme of this set is that of more  and larger  pre-made maps, at the cost of color. As a GM myself, I find the dynamic lighting to work really well with the black and white, and hence can sacrifice color for quantity. And of course, I tried to include as many options as possible for customer re-use. Again, I look forward to hearing your feedback, and thanks for checking it out! And lastly, if you like it, I am going to be releasing a Pen & Paper - The Forest set for mid January. I'll be happy to incorporate any feedback received here into that upcoming set. Happy GMing all and have a great new year! Robert
They look awesome!
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Robert - saw this the other day. What fun! Love the perspective and looking forward to seeing you add to this! It has a very strong storyteller vibe to it.
Ink Dungeons
Marketplace Creator
Thank you both for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it. And yeah, that's what I was going for- a map that tells a story. Something a GM could just drop into the world and immediately be inspired with. I wish the Roll20 preview images show more of the larger maps. I find it tough to show the work in the views, but I'm glad for those who are trying them out, they are finding them worth the dollar. It takes a lot of hours to create these, but not to sound cheesy, knowing people are enjoying them is worth a significant sum. Pen & Paper - The Forest will be released within the next week. I dropped the price point because all of the maps are between 25x25 and 35x35, and included another 85 assets. Their assets are completely compatible with this set, so you can use them to create even weirder environments :) Example, Cave Forests? Thanks again.