Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A bunch of settings breaks when transmogrifying a map

While transmogrifying a map from one campaign to another, one campaign in particular has the Teleporter script which I dragged a map from, to a campaign that does not have the teleporter script, the tokens on there no longer connected to their respective journals, and the teleporters no longer worked, which I assumed would happen, when I transmogrified the map back to the original campaign it came from (I changed the name because there was a lot of things on the map I didn't want to spend another 2 hours copying over), the teleporters no longer worked at all on that particular map (And the map I originally transmoged) and the initiative table is broken for my players on the original transmoged map, they can not see their tokens represented on the initiative (However, I can see the initiative as normal as I am the gm)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Some things to check: 1) The teleport script I believe only operates on the page where the player ribbon is.  Do you have the player ribbon on either of those pages? 2) Players can only see entries in the initiative order that are for tokens they control on the map page they are on .  Are the players on the same map as the tokens in the turn order?  Pointing to a token will draw a yellow box around it on the map.
Players were on the page where it was having problems, and when they add themselves to the initiative, I see their initiative, but they do not, I have double tested this right now and players still cannot see their initiative, but I can
Gid
Roll20 Team
Erokusan, can you tell us what the game names and the page names where you're having this issue: The game that you originally copied the page from and the game where you copied the page to?
"And so our story begins..." is the game name, and the page name is "The Stumbling Siren". original game that was copied was from "And so our story begins..." and the game I copied the page to is "RANDOMNESS ENGAGE" However, I have actually found a solution to the issue, I had to replace the character tokens currently on the map with new tokens, I think I will need to do that for the rest of the tokens but thankfully they won't be necessary to replace Though I still hope this will be noted in the future for bug testing and what have you
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have run into this before as well. I've gotten into the habit of placing fresh tokens down on a new map mid-game.
Gid
Roll20 Team
My best recommendation when it comes to API scripts issues is to discuss them with the script's author first in the  API Forum .There could be an issue in the script itself that might not be compliant with how games are copied. If so it's probably easier to address coming from the script-writer's end since we can't tinker with their work. If something on our end isn't working as expected in regards to their script, they can reach out to us so we can work together on identifying what exactly is going wrong between the script and the platform.