Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Laundry Character sheet errors

Edited 1484534837
I'm not a pro subscriber (yet. I might snag it for a bit) so I can't edit it, but there's a couple errors in the existing character sheets for The Laundry RPG.  A few of the derived values that are set up to autocalculate are broken, so they don't fill in, and they can't be manually entered.  Endurance, Idea, Luck, and Influence should all be auto populating with CON, INT, POW, CHR x5 respectively.  Damage bonus should be populating with STR + Size. Also there are two sections for combat skills listed, but the first one is actually Sciences.  Though technically, in The Laundry an argument could be made for mathematics as a combat skill... Anyway, if anybody who has the ability to could touch those up, I'd really appreciate it. Edit: Also, the base characteristics fields seem to be a few pixels too narrow so it cuts off a little bit of the second digit.  Not sure if that's adjustable. Edit 2: Oh dear, there's some other weird errors.  Updating the value in the bargain skill also updates Athletics, and somehow my player who's creating his character right now caused the text 'APP' to appear next to the label for the DEX characteristic.  It doesn't display when I look at it, so I wonder if it's the result of some weird CSS thingy when he edited those fields that are messed up.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can fix the autopopulation stuff pretty quickly (mostly done at my end already), but I dont know how often roll20 updates its sheets.  How does the damage bonus work? I cant set that up without knowing. It looks like the sheet is set up for you to add that manually (but disables the field so you cant...)

Edited 1484579231
David
Sheet Author
Sheets are updated on Monday nights PST but don't go live for a least a day.  Damage is based on STR + SIZ and then looked up on a table off the top of my head 25-32 +1d4 33+ +1D6
2-12 -1d6, 13-16 -1d4, 17-14 no change, 25-32 +1d4 33+ +1D6 Thanks a bunch!
David
Sheet Author
Is there anyone looking at this if not I could take a look at it tomorrow (Sunday GMT).
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry, I didnt get notification of the replies above. I've been busy working on my own sheet this week. I wont have time to add the damage stuff tomorrow, so David, if you look at the sheet tomorrow, the problems reported above are easy to fix. In the characteristic roll elements, just search for  readonly="readonly" and replace with  disabled="true" And the science skill heading showing as combat skills is due to a translation error: Find this <h3 style="text-align: center; color: #FFF; background-color: #000;"><span data-i18n="weapons">Science</span></h3> and replace the "weapons" there with whatever the translation string is for Science, from the translation.json file. 

Edited 1485182644
David
Sheet Author
Tofystedeth said: Edit: Also, the base characteristics fields seem to be a few pixels too narrow so it cuts off a little bit of the second digit.  Not sure if that's adjustable. Edit 2: Oh dear, there's some other weird errors.  Updating the value in the bargain skill also updates Athletics, and somehow my player who's creating his character right now caused the text 'APP' to appear next to the label for the DEX characteristic.  It doesn't display when I look at it, so I wonder if it's the result of some weird CSS thingy when he edited those fields that are messed up. These I could not recreate the fields all use the standard number fields width of 3.5 em which means all numbers on the character should have the same problem. Fixed the Characteristics Rolls Added a sheet worker for the Damage Bonus Fixed the Science skill header Fixed the headers for the weapons table Added an auto-calc for Max San Created a Current Sanity field (well renamed one of the madness threshold boxes") Fixed the Major Wounds and Maximum Hit Points (regarding this there should be a note in the wiki about using - in an attribute name as this breaks sheet worker) Added Current HP field. Added Missing roll template translations

Edited 1485301204
David
Sheet Author
The fixes have been merged. For Some reason Charisma is being translated as CHR for the Charisma roll. Also I just noticed that a bunch of the fields  in the first column of  Characteristics & Attributes need to be text instead of number.