Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dice Wizardy: 3d6 Output first two, highest two and lowest two

Edited 1485047926
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
So, this is about the Boon and Bane Mechanic in Mongoose Traveller 2e Basically. For my template output in a sheet I want to roll 3d6. From this set of 3d6 I need the sum of the first two dice, the two highest dice and the two lowest dice in 3 different outputs. Is there any way to accomplish this? Right now I'm just rolling an extra D6 and players would need to figure out what they need.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This would require a custom API script. There's no other way to reuse the same dice roll.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What do you want for a title, I'll change it for you.
The Aaron said: What do you want for a title, I'll change it for you. "Dice Wizardy: 3d6 Output first two, highest two and lowest two"
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Fabian D. said: The Aaron said: What do you want for a title, I'll change it for you. "Dice Wizardy: 3d6 Output first two, highest two and lowest two" Title fixed for you. :)

Edited 1485030704
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can do part of this with a roll template. You can have one row show the two highest dice, the next row show the first two dice, and the last row show the two lowest dice. But you cant show the totals. So you could set it up the roll something like &{template:threedice} {{dice1 = [[1d6]]}} {{dice2 = [[1d6]]}} {{dice3 = [[1d6]]}} Then in the roll template, make extensive use of the Rollgreater, Rollless etc logic functions, to figure out which die is higehst and lowest, and present them each in their own sections, so you end up with output like: Three Dice roll: Two highest: 4, 6 First 2 rolled: 4, 1 Two Lowest: 1,4 But you cant show the totals of the dice, so it is probably not worth the effort.