Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about the initiative tracker

When I have tokens in the initiative tracker, as a GM, I am able to highlight their entries in the tracker and have a yellow square appear around the corresponding token on the grid.  Can my players do this too?  If they can, it makes using illusions harder when they can just go to the initiative tracker and have it show theme which enemy isn't an illusion.  If so, is there a way for me to prevent them from doing it?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Players can do this for any token they can see.  Possible solutions to your issue: 1) Put the real one where they can't see it.  You can put it in the corner where they can't see because of Dynamic Lighting or Fog of War.  You could put it on the GM layer, or just on a different page.  In all those cases, they won't be able to point to it and see which is "real".  Of the visible tokens, you can put an aura (and turn off their perception of that aura for that token) on the "real" one to keep track. 2) Add all the illusions to the turn order with the same initiative (or different).  You can use the same aura trick to keep track of the "real" one.  Plus you have a nice way to track how many are left.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I just tried it in my game of 13th Age, opening the Turn Tracker and re-joining the game as a Player, and the highlighting does work. However, in my game the monster tokens are never visibly highlighted by the Turn Tracker, just the PC tokens, because I have a token off the map and hidden by Fog of War that I use for the Turn Tracker. So the monster token in the Turn Tracker is never seen by the Players at any time. I suggest you try this yourself.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: 1) Put the real one where they can't see it.  You can put it in the corner where they can't see because of Dynamic Lighting or Fog of War.  You could put it on the GM layer, or just on a different page.  In all those cases, they won't be able to point to it and see which is "real".  Of the visible tokens, you can put an aura (and turn off their perception of that aura for that token) on the "real" one to keep track. Note that if the token in the tracker is on the GM layer or a different page, the players won't even see it in the turn order, much less be  able to highlight it.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, I should have explicitly pointed that out. =D