Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with a Second Wind Ability Macro (5e OGL)

So I've gotten this far: &{template:simple} {{rname=Second Wind}} {{r1=[[1d10+@{selected|base_level}]]}} {{normal=1}} {{charname=@{selected|character_name}}} ammo=Second Wind|-KHK3J4ysscTsY1ziusQ And the output is coming up like I want: But I'm not able to get it to track ammo.  I've created the resource, and tied it to an attack macro to get the information, but it's not decrementing the resource to show it's been used.  What am I missing?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Do you have ammo tracking turned on on the sheet?
Yes. (I had to go back and double-check first, but yes.)  :) Scott C. said: Do you have ammo tracking turned on on the sheet?
Scott C. said: Do you have ammo tracking turned on on the sheet? I have had errors trying to use Ammo tracking for things like this. I have concluded (from my personal experience with it) that it works as intended ONLY IF the action is an attack, but does not work if the action does not have the attack option selected. If it just does damage, or healing with/without some sort of saving throw, the ammo tracking script does catch the event.

Edited 1485023068
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From some experimenting, it seems you'll need to use &{template:atk} (or atkdmg) and move the charname stuff after the ammo stuff.
Silvyre said: From some experimenting, it seems you'll need to use &{template:atk} (or atkdmg) and move the charname stuff after the ammo stuff. That seems to have done the trick, thanks Silvyre!  I'm now getting a little parenthesis beside the ability name, but I suppose I can live with that. Below is the macro code I used, for anyone that might be interested.  To get the correct information to put after the "ammo=", I had to create a Second Wind resource item, following the instructions here , then copy the text in the ammunition box after running the attack. &{template:atk} {{rname=Second Wind}} {{r1=[[1d10+@{selected|base_level}]]}} {{normal=1}} ammo=Second Wind|-KHK3J4ysscTsY1ziusQ {{charname=@{selected|character_name}}}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You can add {{mod=something}} to add to the parentheses, e.g. {{mod=+@{selected|base_level}}}