Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transparent Tokens

I have noticed lately that on one of my pages of a game i am setting up. When i place tokens down, they appear normal and stand out. How ever, on the rest of the pages, when i place the exact same token down It seems to become transparent. So the same token becomes hard to see because the image in the background is leaking through the token image. On the first page were the token is fine. The page has noting beside an image set to the background/map layer. On the rest of the pages i have image for the map layer, image for gm layer, and fog of war turned on. I have changed the setting on the first page to be the same as the rest and vice versa. But noting changes. Ive tried finding other post but have not come up to any.
Tokens on the GM layer do turn slightly transparent so you can see through to the map.
Ive placed the token in every layer. It remains transparent regardless of the layer it remains in. 

Edited 1485051166
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Which tool do you have selected? Nevermind.  It's not what I was thinking... Which layer are you on?  If you are are on the Map or Dynamic layers, token's on other layer's will be semi-transparent.

Edited 1485051693
i had a player hope on and give me a hand. Apparently for him the tokens are just fine. Its just on my end. This is what he told me on what it could be. " If you have a copy of the map on the gm layer, then it's actually that map that's translucent (for you)" So the map i am using is bleeding through the token.  What iv found is that if i move the gm layer image to the side and put a token down on the token layer. The token is just fine. But if the image in the gm layer gets moved back to place and the token in the token layer remains. It becomes transparent. This is annoying me. Its makeing it hard for me to see tokens and i need the things in the gm layer. Edit: Ive place the token in every layer and seen it remain transparent. Ive left the token in every layer and gone to other layers to move the images around and it remains transparent. the only way to fix it, is by removing the image in the gm layer so its not overlaping were the token in the token layer is at. If i do that then the token stops being transparent.  But the image in the gm layer is kinda the map, so it kinda takes up the WHOLE page. I have a map in the map layer for the players and the same map in the gm layer but with all the info like secreat doors on it. So i kinda need that image. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I would use an image program and cut out the areas that have secret stuff. Then just upload those secret areas and you won't have a whole map on the gm layer. There is no other way for the gm layer to function, it's meant to be an overlay.

Edited 1485058481
this secret stuff are things that the players cant see, so it must remain in gm layer which would do not much else.  At this point i need to find a script or something that sets Tokens on token layer to be above all other layers.  Because i think the problem is that the gm image is set to be in the forefront while tokens and map layers are behind it..  ... i guess im stuck like this. Having a hard time seeing the tokens.
The GM layer is only meant for small things... tokens and such. Not entire maps. Your tokens are fine. What you're seeing is the translucent map on the GM layer covering up everything else.

Edited 1485061739
Ill just deal with it. Its not that bad, but it is annoying, hard to see the tokens. Maybe i will go back and edit the images. Not sure though. First session is in four days and i dont have time to edit that many images. Thanks for the help.
Use the drawing tool to make notes on the GM layer and delete the map. That way it won't be in the way.