Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Unsure if it's been suggested before: Editable/deleteable chat.

In some of the games I have run or been a part of, one of the roughest aspects of RPing is when we accidentally make a post we didn't mean to make, or have a typo that changes the context of an otherwise epic speech.  Is it possible to implement a chat option that lets users edit their post after it's been sent, or delete it outright? It would also be neat of GMs of a room could delete or edit posts of anyone. Would go a long way to cleaning up chats or tempering players that maybe make inappropriate commentary.
I was just thinking about this last night. I was doing some PBP in the chat and made an error and wished that I could scrub it.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .