Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro: Attack+Dmg

I am using OGL roll20 character sheet. I have made (by stealing from others) this macro: /em @{selected|token_name} swings his mighty maul. Attack: [[d20+@{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] | [[d20+@{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] Damage: [[2d6ro<2 +@{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] | + [[2d6ro<2]] on Crits Everything Works well, but I dont understand how to make my attack roll include the proficiency bonus to hit. I have tried (without success) by writing this: [[d20+@{selected|npcd_str_mod}+@{selected|pb}]] Plz help me.
Why not just use the built in options on the character sheet?
You could make a single macro that works off all tokens that are linked to a character sheet this way: %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} That would run the first macro/attack found in the Actions section on the OGL character sheets. If they have more than one, you can just make several macros... increasing $0 to $1, $2, $3 etc. 
The Nice thing With the macro above, is that it emulates the great weapon ability (Reroll any dmg rolls lower then 2). Btw, I tried to copy Your macro suggestion directly into a macro. And it didn't work.
Morten F. said: The Nice thing With the macro above, is that it emulates the great weapon ability (Reroll any dmg rolls lower then 2). Btw, I tried to copy Your macro suggestion directly into a macro. And it didn't work. It only works with NPC sheets. If you're trying to use it with PC's... you'd need to use something different. As for the GW fighting style, that can be done by putting the ro<2 with the damage dice in the character sheet.
Ah, so different macros for PC sheets and NPC sheets. I haven't activated NPC sheets yet :). My first NPC's i used PC sheets. But I know where to change it back and forth. So in future I will implement that.   I want to create this macro for PC sheets. Txz for help so far. I have learned a lot from your feedbacks.
I am pretty sure that if you hover or leave your mouse over portions of the sheet, you will see the attribute for which you are looking. In this case hovering over the circle of the proficiency bonus that gives the number will pop up @{pb}
/em @{selected|token_name} elegantly slashes with his greatsword. Attack: [[d20+@{selected|npcd_str_mod}+@{selected|pb}]] | [[d20+@{selected|npcd_str_mod}+@{selected|pb}]] Damage: [[2d6ro<2 +@{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] | + [[2d6ro<2]] on Crits Txz for tips and it worked :) Now it rolls twice to hit (normal + adv/dis) (1d20+abi+prof) It rolls normal damage and crit damage. ro<2 = simulating great weapon fighting (rerolling 1 and 2; )