Mega-America began as a campaign set in a 1990's Chicago where a subway tunnel becomes a portal to a classic fantasy mega-dungeon. The focus was not on clearing the dungeon but instead on seeing how this sudden appearance would effect the characters. They interacted with government denizens - 'The Dunkirks', 'Narache', 'The Creator', 'Korks' - but one of them eventually spilled the beans and the government got involved. Access to the dungeon became restricted, the characters came to see the government as their enemy, and after escaping an army bootcamp where they were being held they tried to find a backdoor into the dungeon. If going down the subway steps led into the dungeon, what happened if you walked up from the other side? The original characters were high-school basketball players. Two were captured by Dunkirks following an ill fated first-contact scenario gone bad when one character pulled out a butterfly-knife and gave a display of greaser knife skills. One left later on a father-son road trip, eventually transforming into a Dunkirk due to contaminants he inhibited, and was captured by the government. A third enjoyed boot camp too much to leave and remained in the army while the others escaped. While seeking a backdoor into the dungeon they found it, but not before the government turned up. Two of the party went through the portal. The other two decided not to risk the portal - which for all they knew led to a active volcano - and chanced the government. One was captured. The other chose suicide by tactical team and was mowed down after shotgunning a scientist in the face. The escapees didn't land in a volcano, but something almost as bad - a lake of toxic arcane substance. It didn't kill them, in fact it mutated them, but the jury is still out on whether they've received a blessing or a curse. I'm seeking 1 player to replace one who dropped out. You'll be making a non-earth native that joins up with the now lost-in-the-dungeon survivors. They've already been joined by a local cleric and are camped out on a beach in relative safety preparing for what lies ahead. Various possibilities exist for a new character, ranging from non-human to human, which I'll discuss with the new player in a 1-on-1. Up to this point the campaign has been roleplay heavy. The campaign has been a 'sandbox' and we've followed the characters as they live in a world with a dungeon-portal in it. --- Why GURPS? GURPS (Generic Universal RolePlaying System) is perfect for modeling a more realistic approach to the characters. These aren't heroes - they're average Americans. The traits system helps keep the focus on who the characters are rather than what special abilities they have. If you're new to GURPS we'll be playing with the Basic Set (Basic Set: Characters and Basic Set: Campaigns). GURPS: Lite is available for free and will take you through character creation. I'm ok with new players to GURPS provided you come in with a willingness to learn. Most of the work is front-loaded with making a character. After that you can go a long way just stating what you want to do. GURPS generally follows real-world expectations when it comes to action. At it's core the mechanic is roll 3d6, we'll get used to various modifiers as they come up in play. Point level, trait restrictions, and other GURPS-related info can be found here: [Mega-America: Character Creation Info]( <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NnqqNDx0Q52E01dJt6YqEBsS4bMioDgHEyMzJahfjP4/edit?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NnqqNDx0Q52E01dJt6YqEBsS4bMioDgHEyMzJahfjP4/edit?usp=sharing</a> *Google Drive Link*) (Updated 2/26/2017 for non-earth-natives. See updates in red) --- Campaign Info Now for relevant campaign topics. Time: Weekly, Saturday nights, 7pm-11pm EST. We may stop anywhere after 10pm depending on when a good stopping point is reached. Audio: Discord. Working microphone's are **required**. Discord is free and runs in a browser, although I've found the desktop app works better. We're not allowed to link to other companies but google 'Discord free voice' and it will come up. Video: Roll20. Webcam's are **required**. Since I switched to video I've found it provides a better experience. RPGs are a social hobby and I prefer seeing a person over a avatar image. System: GURPS Basic Set, GURPS Lite. GURPS: Lite is ~30 pages and gets you going. The full advantage / disadvantage / skill lists from Basic Set: Characters are invaluable and highly recommended. Basic Set: Campaigns can be skipped as it's rules I can explain as they come up. Attendance: Take a moment to consider whether you can commit 4 hours every Saturday night. If you can't make a game I ask that I be notified in advance so we can attempt to reschedule or work out a solution - that's ok. Missing two games every month due to other obligations won't fly. New Player's Welcome? I am prepared to help players learn the system. I am prepared to explain the Roll20 interface / macros. I am **not** prepared to run a demo to Roll20. This is intended to be a campaign, not a one-shot. For a Roll20 demo or intro to RPGs as a hobby I'd recommend trying a few one-shots first. Mature Content? Normally I tick this box for two reasons. First, I am in my 20's and would prefer players in a similar age bracket. Second, I want to leave the door open for occasional foul language or violence. However I saw a recent listing for a "XXX rated" game and that has me thinking my game doesn't belong in this category. There will not be erotic roleplaying in this game so I'm unticking the box. --- How to Join If you've gone through the above and would like to join you can send me a PM or find the games LFG listing and post there. . Please include more content than "I want to join" as I need enough to form an opinion of you. Timezone, why you're interested in this game in particular, GURPS familiarity - these are good topics to mention. While the listing is active I'll make an effort to respond to any interest.