Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using tokens from purchased content

I am new to roll20.net, and I have read and watched a lot of the tutorials but I can't seem to find a straight answer.  If I buy a D&D 5e adventure, like Tales from the Yawning Portal when it comes out, can I use the tokens that come included in that adventure in future adventures that I create?

Edited 1489098636
Silvyre
Forum Champion
All of the content from Tales from the Yawning Portal can be added to any Game because it is a Game Addon . From its Marketplace page : Tales from the Yawning Portal has been adapted into seven separate Roll20 Addons , which are bundled here for a one-time purchase. The Tales can be played as standalone adventures, or popped into ongoing 5E games as evocative dungeon crawls. Check out the Game Addons Wiki page for more information on this new type of Marketplace asset, and how Addons differ from Modules. Not all of the D&D 5e Marketplace content are Addons; several are Modules. If the Game that you wish to bring a Token into has the All Access Vault enabled, any user can use the Character Vault to transfer a Character (with its Default Token ) into that Game. Pro users can use the  Transmogrifier to the same or greater effect (if they are the Creator of both Games in question). If a Token is not the Default Token of a Character, simply making it the Default Token of some Character allows you to use the aforementioned strategy to transfer it into your Game. I hope this helps!

Edited 1489098719
I am not sure that this answers the question directly, unless I misunderstood the question.  While it can be put into any campaign as an Addon, it will put everything associated with the adventure into the campaign, correct?  I think the question is whether only the token artwork could be used in future adventures (without dragging all of the handouts, maps, journals, etc... for the ride).  If this artwork was accessible via your Art Library after purchase then it seems like it would address the question, but I suspect that it will not be included there. Edit:  Nevermind, seems that Silvyre more or less answered the question with their edit.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Kevin said: While it can be put into any campaign as an Addon, it will put everything associated with the adventure into the campaign, correct? Correct; at this time, it is not possible to be selective which what content gets added when applying an Addon to an existing Game. Kevin said: If this artwork was accessible via your Art Library after purchase then it seems like it would address the question, but I suspect that it will not be included there. That's true; like Modules, Addons do not add artwork to a user's Art Library. When creating a fresh Game, a Free user can use a trick to be a bit more selective with what material they use from a Module or Addon. For example, if a Free user wishes to use only the Tokens or Characters provided by a specific Module or Addon, they could: Create a separate Game with that Module or Addon, Copy that Game , and Opt to only include the Pages (for Tokens) and/or Journal (for Characters) within the copy. After deleting or archiving any unwanted material, that copy could then be used as a fresh Game.