Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

BattleTech?

Is there a way to use this service to run a battetech game? or is there a better service to use for that?
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
it's fairly easy to run BattleTech with Roll20, you just have to use hex grids, and scale your hex maps.You might also want to look into setting up tables for hit locations and such, but it's fairly easy to set up macros.
Scaling and aligning BattleTech maps is a little more fiddly than regular squared maps, but it isn't too bad. I tend to set the maps as images and not use Roll20 grids and just move the tokens manually so it makes it a little easier. Only thing I have found that could be a problem is rotating the 'Mech tokens. 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If the maps you are using have their own grid/hexes then just turn off the roll20 grid and let your players count just like an actual game. If you need to see their movement, you can have them move their mech tokens with the arrow keys (if the grid is used) or after selecting their token, taps the spacebar so the movement tracker is activated. If they go 3 hexes then plan to change direction, they will need to tap the spacebar again as that creates a waypoint. Manipulating Tokens in roll20.
My thanks.