Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hidden Monsters

I know this has been addressed before and I did read the response.  I have the LMoP fro Roll20 and several of the monsters are only visible to the GM.  Gold, from Roll20 Mod Team gave instructions on how to make the Nothic etc. visible: •go to the gm layer •select that token • right click and move it to the Tokens Objects Layer It's the last part I cannot seem to figure out.  I have had "right click" questions before on my Mac.  Could you please explain how exactly I can complete the last steps.   Thank you and sorry for being even noobier that the dude who asked back in august.
I've never used a Mac before, but maybe this will help:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.macforbeginners.com/osx-guide/right-cli" rel="nofollow">http://www.macforbeginners.com/osx-guide/right-cli</a>...
Thanks for that. &nbsp;Generally, a Command Click will do it in other settings but I see no change when I do it in Roll20. &nbsp;Assuming I can figure that out, do you know how to "move the token to the Tokens layer?"
I don't know if this is the same for everyone else, but the Giant Crocodile listed in the Monster Manual does not have any avatar or default token assigned.&nbsp; It looks like the rest of the sheet has everything else listed, but I haven't gone through it all the way.
BP- I reassigned a region of my mouse to perform a secondary function and it worked. &nbsp;As soon as I clicked it the table of options came up including Layers. &nbsp; Your reply earlier gave me the idea to reassign that part of the mouse. &nbsp;So, thanks. &nbsp;You helped.

Edited 1490122383
Gold
Forum Champion
J David G. said: I know this has been addressed before and I did read the response. &nbsp;I have the LMoP fro Roll20 and several of the monsters are only visible to the GM. &nbsp;Gold, from Roll20 Mod Team gave instructions on how to make the Nothic etc. visible: •go to the gm layer •select that token • right click and move it to the Tokens Objects Layer It's the last part I cannot seem to figure out. &nbsp;I have had "right click" questions before on my Mac. &nbsp;Could you please explain how exactly I can complete the last steps. &nbsp; Thank you and sorry for being even noobier that the dude who asked back in august. Hello again! On a mac with a trackpad with multitouch (a mac laptop), a two-finger tap is the same as a right-click on a Windows-mouse. Sounds like you figured out a way to assign it on your mouse anyway. Post again if you have another question!
I would point you to the Wiki on&nbsp; Layers . Specifically the last section. In the right-click menu, there is a Layers sub-menu that allows you to change the layer a token in located on.
Gold- Thanks for the reply. &nbsp;I am just getting started as a GM and it's not exactly a traditional set up. &nbsp;I am an educator working with a small group of middle school students trying to teach them the game. &nbsp;I am not allowed to have them create an account and log in. &nbsp;So, I am logged in as GM and on a separate laptop I am logged in as a player. &nbsp;This way I can use the classroom projector to display the maps and tokens for the kids to see and direct me to manipulate. &nbsp;Still not sure about the viability of this plan but I am hoping that using the technology will help restless tweenagers focus after a full day of school. &nbsp;I'm sure other questions will arise. &nbsp;Still have to import some tokens and figure out why dynamic lighting is not working. &nbsp;I'm sure its just a check box somewhere. Thanks BP- Thanks for the link on Layers. &nbsp;I will indeed do my research. &nbsp;

Edited 1490136341
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just a note: Right click on the Mac on a mouse without a right-click capability is accessed with a control click. This has been the OS standard since 1997. Roll20 does not recognize a control click, however, or any kind of modified left-click.