Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] I want all NPC Rolls to be Whisper Only, but not PC ones

I purchased the monster manual. When I quickly grab a monster out of the manual I have to remember to go into that monsters settings and hit whisper rolls to GM. Is there a default setting somewhere where I don't have to remember to do this. I want ALL NPC rolls to be whisper only. I want all PC rolls to default to how roll20 comes out of the box. My players like seeing each others roll and cheering when they see a friendly nat 20. So would like to keep that on but still hide the NPC GM rolls.
I haven't been able to find a default setting for that, so what I did as a workaround is made a macro for /talktomyself.  I just hit that on and my players can't see my rolls, but they can see each others.  If I need to let them see my rolls or typing, I hit it again and it sets it back to normal.

Edited 1490222034
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try this script. It should work, unless I made a typo. Will set newly-created characters to whisper to GM. on('ready', function() {   on('add:character', function(character) {     createObj('attribute', {       name: 'wtype', current: '/w GM ', characterid: character.id     });   }); });
Thanks both of those techniques work really well!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I'm glad you've found solutions that work for you, but to answer your initial question: Allen H. said: I purchased the monster manual. When I quickly grab a monster out of the manual I have to remember to go into that monsters settings and hit whisper rolls to GM. Is there a default setting somewhere where I don't have to remember to do this. Yes; the 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 sheet offers this as a Character Sheet Default Setting . I would toggle on Always Whisper Rolls, and then manually set the PC sheets to Never Whisper Rolls .