Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Classes being ignored from character sheet selected from drop down

Edited 1490286880
David
Sheet Author
I have a text field for a skill name to be entered it, which has a class of sheet-blank_skill which only sets the width of the field.   Yet when this is merged the class is being ignored. The class is in the style section  .charsheet .sheet-blank_skill{ width:128px; } but it is being ignored, anyone else come across this?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What else is in your CSS? Are you getting any errors/warnings in your console? Are you able to confirm that the rest of your CSS is working? Without being able to see the rest of the rendered page source, my first guess is that you're actually running into the CSS security filter, which will throw out the entirety of your CSS file if something is in violation. (From memory: data URIs, a few ranges of control characters, and anything that looks like it might be JavaScript trying to masquerade as CSS.)

Edited 1490288713
David
Sheet Author
Rest of the css is working fine, if none of the css worked the columns would be all over the place.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is your style getting overwritten by specificity?

Edited 1490309656
David
Sheet Author
I have tracked it down to "&# 65279;" which apparently is a Byte Order Mark (BOM) character sitting at the top  of the style.  It does not seem to be in the css file in github. If I edit the html in the console and removed it works.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Which sheet is this? I'll bet the BOM is actually there. Are there any unicode characters in your CSS? That's a likely culprit as to your text editor inserting the BOM automatically.
David
Sheet Author
There was some special characters in a script I added which was breaking the eval when the html was parsed and I was advised to change to UTF-8.  So I changed it to UTF-8 which apparently adds a BOM.  I removed the characters but changed the file encoding just in case, should have left it alone.