Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D 5E][Thursday Nights, 7pm - 11pm EST] Looking for 2 Players for Homebrew Campaign

We currently have a group of 7 players and are looking to fill out 2 more positions in the party. As the DM/GM, I am fairly loose with the rules, though I put my foot down when needed. I create all my maps from scratch in roll20. I have tons of experience managing large-party games, so things tend to run pretty smoothly. New players are welcome as well as experienced. Our current party is a solid mix of experience levels and we are all open to helping newcomers with everything from character creation to guiding you through the game. The game is a homebrew world that is a mixture of steampunk and high fantasy. With that in mind, I'm incorporating firearms and explosives of varying levels (futuristic weapons are excluded for the time being). All races are welcome from any source material, including the PHB, EE Companion, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Volo's, and Unearthed Arcana. Any sources I missed, feel free to ask about, but generally I'll accept any playable race (homebrew races I have either incorporated or created may be inquired about as well such as Half-Dwarf and Tech Dwarf (sub-race). The current party looks like this: Aasimar Paladin Feral Tiefling Artificer (Gunsmith) Dwarf Cleric Half-Orc Barbarian Human (Variant) Bard Kenku Rogue Tiefling Warlock (Fiend) We're looking for some ranged classes to balance things out. Another Warlock is fine, as are Wizards, Sorcerers, and Rangers. I have also decided to allow Matthew Mercer's Blood Hunter class as well. Gunslingers are also welcome (though I don't have access to that source material at the moment so I would need some info on it). If you are interested, please reply here or via pm with the following: Name: RP Experience: (Only used to know if you will need assistance from other players, etc) Campaign Likes/Dislikes: (Again, for my knowledge so I can make the game enjoyable for all) Character Name: Race: Class: Background: Backstory: (Important because I am planning on incorporating the backstories in. Can be short to start, but we would like to expand this together as a group) This is a solid blend of combat, exploration, and roleplay. You don't need to be a voice actor or anything, but it helps to get into character to keep the fun going. I do like to challenge players, so some encounters, puzzles, etc will be difficult. Starting level is 1. Thanks for reading! If you're interested, let me know!

Edited 1490415136
Damn, this would work so well for me if it wasn't for the time.D: Any chance of it changing a bit? Instead of 7pm to 8:30 pm? I wanna ask this now cause it is important and i really want to play(especially due to the steampunk & homebrew allowance) Name: Michael RP Experience: 13 years of Overall RP experience, only 3-4 months worth of D&D experiance Campaign Likes/Dislikes: I don't see anything I dislike here. I do ask alot of questions between sessions though Character Name: Koilis (Depends a bit) Race: Tiefling (I can do a variant human as well) Class: UA Mystic & Fighter Gunslinger(I do have the martial for it) or Mechanist (Homebrew class) Background: Sage Backstory: Koilis had a "interesting" life. She and her sister strange powers & the two were thought to have perhaps a hiccup in their blood line that somehow triggered their devilish ancestry of old. They both showed almost exactly the same abilities. Both could at will produce & see through Magical Darkness. Both could create flames the likes of which only spellcasters would normally be able to perform. And whats more, both had an uncanny affinity with any ranged weapon. But where Velphi was more concentrated and focused like a well polished crossbow. Koilis was more rash and quick like a gun. The two would eventually part with Velphi looking into studies on the crafts of steam technology with Koilis looking more into the exploration side. (Just consider this super basic & semi on the fly for now)
Hello, I saw this post and thought you would be interested in seeing me come in and join! In terms of the time schedule its totally fine I'm ok with how you have it at the moment. Name: Patrick Rp Experience: Did play DnD 4E on this website for a couple of years and have watched DnD twitch channels over the years to kinda get my bounds around the 5E i'm pretty ok with it. Campaign Likes/Dislikes : I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like a "long" campaign because they just want to kill shit all the time which you can argue is kind of fun (Heehe...) but playing a long duration campaign is never a problem in fact preferred. But to answer the question... Likes - Buildup of character, long duration relationships, guaranteed long duration of fun and investment in the world. Dislikes - Sometimes people give up after awhile and leave which is a no :(, people may forget their own character (I have been at fault for this and I shame myself for it) which makes end goals really cloudy and not too fun after building so much lore with your character. Character name: Augustus Veil Race: Elf Class: Fighter + Ranger (Keeping it simple <3 If i can't do both then I will be a Ranger) Background: Alignment: Neutral Backstory: We find ourselves in the city of Ellenghorn a once wonderful and prosperous city, now the very definition of crime and tyranny. A warlord by the name of Uuthrak Warlord of the Bloodhorns and his people pillaged this city and claimed it their own with no security or government in site to take hold of what happens in or out of the city. Our careful character of this story was only a child when this took place and when he became old enough led a rebellion against Uuthrak and his tribe to save the city and bring justice for what had happened to their homes but that justice was ceased to a halt. Uuthrak saw this coming, him and his people flanked the rebellion at all sides and slaughtered everyone and our Elf had been knocked out cold by a club in the back of the skull. When our Elf woke up.... he saw his most trusted friends and allied had died countless monster throwing bodies either in piles or in the pits of fire and hell as they laughed and mocked the people of this city for ever even thinking about crossing them,  as he laid there with bodies being thrown on top of him crushing his very bones as the mass of the pile got ever so massive he could barely breathe and with a last and final breath shadow clouded his eyesight. Gasp! Awaken and full of energy our Elf friend was on the outskirts of town with a simple note on his chest that said "Run" tears fell from his face and despair clouded his thoughts as he morned with a prayer to his fellow soldiers in combat never forgetting the sacrifices they made for him and on that day he vowed until the day he died he would come back to this city and claim it for his own to make it great again, to bring it back to its glory days and to slay Uuthrak once and for all!!