Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Guild in Toesania

Edited 1521886148
**These benefits and factions are only present in games run by me** Though other GM's are welcome to use it if they like For my missions I will begin using a faction system to track things, and potential rewards/upgrades for the guild. For an explanation of what this all is look to the bottom of the page. Feel free to use this thread to discuss what the Toesanian Arm of the guild should be building and what they should be doing in Toesania. Guild Status Current Events: Here Tier 1 Current Reputation - 10/12  Coin:  4 Current positive Faction relations: Halfling Mercantile Union - Tier 2 - Relations = 0 (Increasing : 3/4) Blue Sabres - Tier 2 - Relations = 0 (Increasing : 1/4) Toesville Millitia - Tier 2 -  Relations = 1 (Increasing : 0/6) Priesthood of Kelemvor - Tier 2 - Relations = 1 (Increasing 0/6) Sons of the Kraken - Tier 1 - Relations = 0 (Neutral 0/4) Court of the Stars - Tier 4 - Relations = 0 (Increasing 1/4) Noble House Asselin - Tier 2- Relations = 1 (increasing 0/6) Royal family of the Searing Sun - Tier 5 - Relations = 0 (increasing 2/4) Cult of Khiphon - Tier 2 - Relations = 1 (Increasing 0/6) Current hostile Faction relations: Shepherds of Purity - Tier 2 - Relations = -1 (Decreasing 0/6) The four gorgons - Tier 4 - Relations = 0 (Decreasing 2/4) Current assets: Level 1 - Lucky shrine Effect: At the end of the session each player has a 1% increased chance of finding a magic item Level 1 - Contact Network Effect: Players may roll their half level + 2 instead of streetwise (if they choose) when going to a contact for help during a mission Level 1 - Petty funds Effect: Players have a starting expenditure of 2 that they may use to gain useful assets for a contract. Level 1 - Negotiators Effect: Players may roll their half level + 2 instead of diplomacy (if they choose) when negotiating with a client at the start of a contract Level 2 - Training hall Effect: Level 6 and lower characters receive an additional amount of experience at the end of the session, equal to 1 minion value of exp. Level 1 - Floating Palace Effect: Slow as hell but a cool place to stay. Perhaps could be more mobile if upgrades found Level 1 - Bound Devil Effect: Arzindirth is bound to the guild service. Can only be released when one of the members is instated as a lord of one of the 9 hells Available assets and upgrades: Level 3 - Training hall Costs: 2 coin Effect: Level 7 and lower characters receive an additional amount of experience at the end of the session, equal to 1 minion value of exp. Mini-upgrade: Increase exp gain to 2 minion exp value Cost: 5 coin   Level 1 - Living Quarters Costs: 1 coin Effect: At the beginning of each adventure, each character starts with 1 temporary HP Level 1 - Camp Followers Cost: 1 coin Effect: Once during a rest in the session all characters may benefit from the camp followers and gain 1 temporary HP Level 2 - Lucky shrine - Requires Guild to be Tier 2 Cost: 5 coin Effect: At the end of the session each player has a 2% increased chance of finding a magic item   Level 1 - Alchemist Cost: 2 coin Effect: Once per session a character may use a level 5 or lower consumable as if they had bought it Bards  Cost: 2 coin Effect: As a one off payment the Guild can pay a bards college to spread the Guild's reputation increasing it by 1 Level 1 - Guild Crypt - Provided by Priesthood of Kelemvor Cost - 2 coin Effect: The experience penalty for dying is reduced to 74%  Level 2 - Contact Network Cost - 1 coin Effect: Players may roll their half level + 3 instead of streetwise (if they choose) when going to a contact for help during a mission Level 2 - Petty funds Cost - 2 coin Effect: Players have a starting expenditure of 3 that they may use to gain useful assets for a contract. Level 2 - Negotiators Cost - 1 coin Effect: Players may roll their half level + 3 instead of diplomacy (if they choose) when negotiating with a client at the start of a contract Current votes on next asset to build: What is all this? For such a large group of players I want my games to build on this idea of community and have the guild fictionally represented by more than a picture of a tavern. We all know the best way to make you players care about something is to mechanically reward it!  By building reputation and gaining coin the Guild can be upgraded so that you all have something to give a shit about.  What is Tier? Tier is a way of measure how much of a deal the Guild is in the world. 1 being the underdogs and 5 being the top of the game.  By having a better Tier the guild will attract more profitable contracts and unlock the ability to further upgrade the assets. Tier is increased when the guild reputation reaches 12 Reputation You will earn reputation for the guild predominantly by completing a contract. You might also find opportunity to increase reputation by performing extra actions that make the guild look good and spreads its Rep  Reputation can also be decreased by failing contracts or other Ill-reputed actions that make the guild look bad  What is Coin? Coin is an abstract amount of gold that the guild uses to upgrade its assets.  You will earn the guild gold by completing contracts, but try to look out for other potential ways to earn the Guild Coin What are relations? More importantly why should you care? Having a positive relation with another faction will mean they are more likely to support the Guild and importantly, give them better pay if they hire them Having a hostile relation is a way of gauging how much the other faction is going to try and fuck with you  +3: Allies. This faction will help you even if it’s not in their best interest to do so. They expect you to do the same for them. +2: Friendly. This faction will help you if it doesn’t create serious problems for them. They expect you to do the same. +1: Helpful. This faction will help you if it causes no problems or significant cost for them. They expect the same from you. 0: Neutral -1: Interfering. This faction will look for opportunities to cause trouble for you (or proft from your misfortune) as long as it causes no problems or signifcant cost for them. They expect the same from you -2: Hostile. This faction will look for opportunities to hurt you as long as it doesn’t create serious problems for them. They expect you to do the same, and take precautions against you. -3: War. This faction will go out of its way to hurt you even if it’s not in their best interest to do so. They expect you to do the same, and take precautions against you. 
This sounds like an interesting idea. It goes in line with 2 of my charac's backstory too. I here by vote to get the +1% to item find.

Edited 1490642047
Sweet! I like having extra progression like this. While I do agree that the +1% item find is great, I think we should see if cost increases at higher ranks or if it stays the same.

Edited 1490641918
It is the most expensive and least upgradable of the assets. You can upgrade it once per tier of reputation.  Were as most of the others can be upgraded 5 times per tier.  but if that's what the guild wants to save for be my guest 

Edited 1490645535
I'm okay with Lucky shrine or alchemist. I think alchemist would be very beneficial as it gives the party some options.. encounter long options. *coughs* potion of resistance *cough*
Genkishi walks in during this discussion to put in his two cents "From what I've experienced, we definitely need a Training Hall, as practice makes perfect"
I feel like Alchemist is the most interesting option, so I vote that.
Keep up to date with the latest happenings in Toesania  here
New asset purchased!  Lucky shrine now build New asset available due to positive relations with a faction: Level 1 - Guild Crypt - Provided by Priesthood of Kelemvor Cost - 2 coin Effect: The experience penalty for dying is reduced to 74% Find out what happend in Tosania here
Finally caught up on posting the recap of last session. Find it  Here You have 6 Coin in the bank. Someone suggest what to build.  As a note some building seem crappy, but can be upgraded multiple times to become quite powerful!  And you have the coin to do so
Training Hall, if I'm allowed to vote like this, here. 
Does the maximum level to gain benefits go up when the training hall is upgraded?
indeed it would
trianing hall
This si a disgrace, how come we still do not have bards ?
Never mind bards. I've had enough votes for Training hall. I took the liberty of double upgrading it so level 6 or lower PC get the benefit. In other news does anyone have a burning passion to pursue any story lines right now? If not I may make a fresh railroad to throw you all on. But if you want to see the guild do something then throw a suggestion to me!
Snops cast his for for Negotiators -2 
Jack cast his vote for a Training Hall upgrade 
As for me doing a job for the militia or finding out more about the court of stars would be good leads to start on.