Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Players, GM not receiving any emails on forum activity

Per&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1766917" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1766917</a> my understanding is that players and GMs, by default, will receive a daily digest email containing forums activity. However, neither I nor my players are receiving any emails. I've confirmed that my players have not changed their email notification settings and the email is not being filed to spam. I've also set my settings to send an email on all activity, had a player post to a forums thread, and did not receive an email. Am I missing something? Is there a more reliable way I can test this feature?
Gid
Roll20 Team
What do you and your players have set on your Account page where it asks you how often you want to receive email notifications? Once per day or Immediately?
Mine is set to Immediately. Players have not changed the setting, so I'm assuming it's the default once per day.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I just ran a test on my end, and I was getting notifications instantly sent to my email box when players were posting replies on my game threads. Are you seeing this issue with all of your game's forum threads or for one in particular?
We're seeing it in all forum threads, and it seems to be inconsistent. One player got one daily digest email out of a week of activity. Others have gotten none. I've gotten 2 non-digest notification emails, one of them from this thread, and I didn't get that one until about an hour ago.
Gid
Roll20 Team
We created a Test forum thread on your game&nbsp;Reader Party. We doubled checked with one of your player's and they received the on-site notification of the post occurring. The next thing we attempted was to run a test on one of our games to make sure the immediate email notifications were going off, and shortly after are reply being added to a test thread, the GM of the game received an email regarding the post within five minutes of posting. What you and your players should double check is that you are checking the email accounts tied to Roll20 accounts to make sure you have the correct email addresses tied to them. Also, you may want to make sure your email client isn't auto filtering emails from Roll20 in a fashion where you can't see new posts. &nbsp;