Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Message notifications are showing up twice

Edited 1491262015
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Just today- it started this afternoon- every time someone replies to a forum post the notification shows up twice.  I get the purple notification symbol with (2) messages and it says  [person] replied to [thread] [person] replied to [thread] but when I click on it there was only ever one message. The person sending it hasn't deleted a post and they haven't edited their post. 
Gid
Roll20 Team
Katie, would you happen to have created the thread that is getting the double notifications AND have manually clicked on the Follow this Topic link on that thread? If you're the original poster of a thread, the topic is automatically followed. If you then also follow it manually, it's setting up a double notification flag.
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
I was the creator of the post, but I haven't manually clicked on a 'follow' option as far as I'm aware. If I have that would explain it- how would I unfollow it to double check?
Gid
Roll20 Team
At the top of the page, under your account, is a button to post a reply to the thread, underneath it is a link called "Stop Following Topic" if the thread was  manually followed. (If you haven't it'll say "Follow this Topic" instead).
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Hi there- it was checked, I have unchecked it and things are not duplicating now. Thanks, I didn't realise it was such a simple issue. 
Gid
Roll20 Team
Great to hear that fixed it! I'll mark this as thread as resolved.