Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Merging Journals/Macros/Etc

I am currently running two separate campaigns for my group. I know I can duplicate a game to keep all the custom work I have done, but is there a way to just sync up these fields between the two games? 
Not that I know of.  You can transmogrify the characters, maps, handouts etc. You cannot transmogrify the macros. ... A workaround is to copy the macros on a character (maybe name it something like Macro Library) and transmogrify that character to bring your macros with you. 
Gary W. said: Not that I know of.  You can transmogrify the characters, maps, handouts etc. You cannot transmogrify the macros. ... A workaround is to copy the macros on a character (maybe name it something like Macro Library) and transmogrify that character to bring your macros with you.  I do not know of a way to do this (simply) either. For a non-pro player, you can use the Vault , not the transmogrifier to transfer sheets (but not maps or handouts). However, my honest recommendation is just to open up both games in two different tabs, then open your macros, hit Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy, then move to the other campaign, make a new macro on a sheet, and Ctrl-V to paste wherever you want it to be. Elegant? No. But it works.
Thanks guys that is what I thought. I'll just have to include that step in my game prep now :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I usually just keep a word file on my computer of the macro's I use in my games. It lets me tinker with them outside the game then just copy paste them into the game when I need them.
Pat, I have a google Doc, I share it with my players in the hopes that they will take up macros for themselves :) I have plans on making it into a "how to" guide at some point.
There is one advantage to having them on a character. You can call the macros UsIng the sheet name. 
Sky Rhetoric said: Pat, I have a google Doc, I share it with my players in the hopes that they will take up macros for themselves :) I have plans on making it into a "how to" guide at some point. There are several that exist already, including some video tutorials . I've found that the best way to "convince" players to take up macros is to require them, but give them all the tools to learn/make them themselves. :-P
Matt W. said: Sky Rhetoric said: Pat, I have a google Doc, I share it with my players in the hopes that they will take up macros for themselves :) I have plans on making it into a "how to" guide at some point. There are several that exist already, including some video tutorials . I've found that the best way to "convince" players to take up macros is to require them, but give them all the tools to learn/make them themselves. :-P Yeah, but I have 2 new to D&D players with different reasons for not spending the time to learn. One is understandable, he has his own design business and works about 15hrs a day. The other is the only person I don't personally know and he is still kind of treating the sessions like a video game session. He just shows up and expects to be able to play, I'm not happy about it but I'm waiting a session or two more until he is more invested to play the "Hey you need to actually do some small amount of prep out of game" talk.