Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Oh the weather outside is frightful! - Weather script.

I got the script to work after a ton of trial and error, but the bugs with the actual script severely limit it's usefulness to me. The weather is non functional, and no custom calendars also severely limits it.
Any clues how you got it to work? I'm a bit stuck.
Has this been put on the back burner for now?
Alpaca, sorry, I don't remember. Daniel, I think it has, but maybe if you bug Aaron enough he'll update his script to include custom calendars, maybe even weather! I know he's been thinking about working on it, maybe all he needs is some encouragement? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/907343/script-mystara-calendar#post-1018274" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/907343/script-mystara-calendar#post-1018274</a>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
BWAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, I want to work on it. I have a whole doc of features to add. I'm in the middle of a rewrite for it but I'm easily distracted by shiny things. Sorry Jarret!! :)
*tosses Aaron a shiny thing with "Calendars are cool" writen on it*
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ooh. Shiny...
I think weather would single-handedly make the campaigns much more interesting, with an actual in-game clock.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I know I have long ignored this script... and started to redo it. However, the more I looked at it the less I liked it (the script, not the idea.) So.... I have been thinking about it.... and have a new approach I would like to try. The idea is to use a shifting state array... and just have a FIFO weather for each biodome. Last five days... next five days... with all ten impacting the likelihood of what the next day added will be. Something like that... and I think Calendars and moon/tides should each be their own script... smaller and easier to customize.
STEPHEN! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! :O
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My latest excuse has been waiting D&D5E.... but I am fast running out of time to be using that as an excuse.