Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e shaped] Critical

Hello, I can't find answer to those questions (Forum is not really  user friendly)about critical using 5e shaped], how can I modify critical range : - for a weapon - for a spell - for a whole class (ie character is a fighter champion) thank you :)

Edited 1492689082
Click on the little cogwheel icon.  Click the checkbox to show Critical range.  Then in the weapons/spells the critical range will show.  I believe this can only be done by weapon/spell entry not globally.
Sotty Jim but I do  not see the checkbox :
Laurent you can only do that after you set the sheet configuration to show the critical range: Once this is set, you can go into the weapons and adjust the critical range.
Fantastic !!!  thank you very much, I love that sheet but the documentation is not really for newb like me :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd like to make this feature more accessible so I'd like to understand what prevented you from finding the setting. Were you aware of the settings page? If not, how could it be made more clear? Is the settings page too cluttered to find the setting you were looking for? How would you improve the current UI? To explain why this feature and similar features are behind a feature flag: Only 1 archetype out of many has crit range so such a feature being shown to every user would make the UI more messy for all users. So the goal here is that players who need it can turn it on and those that don't can leave it off. Thanks for any information you provide.
Hello Kryx, first, you are doing an amazing work. I'am french but my english is quite good and I do not think it is an issue there. I was aware of the page setting, but I missed the checkbox, I guess I read the setting too fast, now that I know where it is I do not understand how I missed it ! Maybe one of the issue is the sheer volume of information and althougth I checked the documentation, I may have missed something there. IMHO what the shaped need is a separate documentation more geared toward newbie, the one existing is great but 50% of the document seems to be writen for people who needs reference to write macro. I liked the UI just fine, in fact using the macro in the setting page I neraly never open a sheets once it is done. I may even upgrade my account to pro in order to use the api :) Laurent
Kryx said: I'd like to make this feature more accessible so I'd like to understand what prevented you from finding the setting. Were you aware of the settings page? If not, how could it be made more clear? Is the settings page too cluttered to find the setting you were looking for? How would you improve the current UI? To explain why this feature and similar features are behind a feature flag: Only 1 archetype out of many has crit range so such a feature being shown to every user would make the UI more messy for all users. So the goal here is that players who need it can turn it on and those that don't can leave it off. Thanks for any information you provide. What this sheet needs, Kryx, is a basic "How to Use This Sheet" document that describes the many features and UI elements. It is a feature-packed, complex sheet but not intuitive. The Google doc, which is an excellent resource but describes more advanced usage imo, does not help the noob or even an experienced user when the UI drastically changes or when new features are added.  Come to think of it, a Youtube video would be awesome (ahem, Cody/Taking20 are you listening?) ;)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Doug E. said: It is a feature-packed, complex sheet but not intuitive. Then that's bad design that I'd want to fix and why I asked. Documentation being necessary means unintuitive UI which means poor design.