Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

copying a map

Hi all, Here is my situation: I am running a SW campaign and I do not want to redo the office building map every time since the layout remains the same, just the actual detail in the rooms vary. So, I was wondering if I can copy that map? I tried it with the duplicate map button but all I get is a black screen. This will save me lots of time, thanks
PaprikaCC
Pro
API Scripter
By itself, the Duplicate Page button only duplicates page settings. It does not carry over any graphics. I actually made a script to fix this but you need a pro subscription to use it. If you do end up getting the subscription, add the script "True Page Copy" using the 1-click install to your game and the Duplicate Page button will automatically duplicate all graphics along with the page stats.

Edited 1492735197
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
About the best way to do this is to get the basic map with all the tokens that are static like couches, tables, restrooms, etc.. placed and all the dynamic tokens like the player's tokens, anything on the GM layer, etc.. removed. Turn off your grid then just take a screen shot. Save it as a jpg then upload it. This will let you drag and drop it to each map page as you need.