Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Roll Templates

Hello World! There is a pretty extensive guide on the HTML and CSS behind making a custom roll template, but nowhere does it say WHERE you put that HTML or CSS. I can't find anything online about where you go to create one in the first place. Seems like an oversight. Can anyone tell me where to look? Thanks! ~Michael
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Second sentence of second paragraph of:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll_Templates#Defining_th" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll_Templates#Defining_th</a>... You can put the roll template anywhere you want in your Character Sheet's HTML, but we recommend putting it at the very end. Admittedly, I new where to look and it was still hard to find. =D Basically, you just include it along with the rest of your HTML in a Custom Sheet.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the reply! Side question, the category that is titled "Built-In Roll Templates" does not have all of them, as I know there is at least one other besides default, and that is 5eDefault. Any chance you could link me to a complete list because I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Wiki. Thanks! ~Michael
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
5eDefault is the roll template used in the old DnD_5e sheet, and copied from there to several other sheets. &nbsp;default is the only built in one.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As far as I know, it's part and parcel of a character sheet?
Zargon
Sheet Author
Yeah, just to chip in a piece of advice, the Custom Sheet Preview isn't 100% consistent in handling the Roll Templates so it may be useful to add the following tags around your Roll Template: &lt;div style="display: none;"&gt; [Insert Roll Templates] &lt;/div&gt; All this does is force the Preview window to ignore the contents of the Roll Template if it fails to strip them out for the preview.(Otherwise they work normally)