Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable Tokens

I've been experimenting with rollable tokens lately i i was wondering if there is anyway to link stats with the table or if its just images and i have to link the token to the character sheet and add in the AC and hitpoints for each one individually.  

Edited 1493004118
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
What's your use case?  I usually use Rollable Table Tokens for alternate views of the same creature (so a cariety of goblins, or different horses). From your question, it sounds like maybe you're trying to do multiple different creatures with the same token?j
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There was a script posted a bit ago (maybe a couple of months) for swapping tokens for shapeshifting, that might help you.

Edited 1493010360
I'm trying to use it to spawn alternate skins or alternate views of one creature say for example and orc, i am if i can do that without having to re input all the data into each individual token and re link it to a character sheet afterword Scott C. would you happen to have a link to that script, it may be what i am after. the only one ive found so far is from 2015
william c. said: I'm trying to use it to spawn alternate skins or alternate views of one creature say for example and orc, i am if i can do that without having to re input all the data into each individual token and re link it to a character sheet afterword Scott C. would you happen to have a link to that script, it may be what i am after. the only one ive found so far is from 2015 If it's just alternate images of the same creature... you can just select all of those tokens, right click, and select random side.
Do you mean you want to have the same sheet linked to different "skins" of a token to represent a monster with some shapes variations? If you want so, follow these steps: 1. Create the rollable table with all the token variations.  2. Put a token on the board from the table you've made. 3. Fill his stats (HP, AC etc) and link to the sheet by the "represent character" menu in the edit token section. 4. Assign the token to the sheet as the default token. Now when you pull the character on the board from the sheet you should be able to "to change side" and choose the skin you prefer for the token, but you will have the same stats of the original one without having to fill them again. Hope this is what you were looking for. This is my first attempt to help somebody in this forum, so say "yes" even if you didn't need this explanation :D. 

Edited 1493039564
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Gianmarco V. said: [...] This is my first attempt to help somebody in this forum, so say "yes" even if you didn't need this explanation :D.  There should be a badge for that. =D Here's a TokenMod command that does all the above  steps 3 and 4 from above: !token-mod {{   --on showname light_hassight    --off isdrawing    --set represents|"?{Monster Name}"     bar1_link|AC     bar3|HP defaulttoken }} Some tweaking may be required depending on how you like things setup.
The Aaron said: Gianmarco V. said: [...] This is my first attempt to help somebody in this forum, so say "yes" even if you didn't need this explanation :D.  There should be a badge for that. =D Yes definitely!!! :D
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'll see if I can find that script later today William, but I think that the solution is really as simple as Gianmarco's suggestion.

Edited 1493051149
Gianmarco I'm sorry im having trouble explaining my problem, i already know how to make the token table and how to link it (as you have described) what i am wandering is if im making 15 bandits is there anyway i don't have to link each one to represent character a Fill his Hitpoints and AC individually, i was hoping for something like being able to click the "token" button 15 times, select all the tokens and hit "random side" then "is drawing" and be done.    Im currently trying to make the TokenMod command work but Im probably screwing it up im not very good with these things
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah. &nbsp;I see. &nbsp; You won't be able to do it that way. &nbsp;But once you've assigned it as the defaulttoken on a character, you can just drag it out into the table 15 times, or drag it out once and copy paste it as many times as you like. Be sure you're setting them up like Mooks and not like PCs: &nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>