Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Parsing number lists

So I'm looking at the free art assests in-game on the side bar, and I'm seeing "Devin's Token Pack 0, 1, 10, 11... 19, 2, 20...etc" C'mon guys. Rookie mistakes. I get that  it's a small team, but that's like a 5 minute fix that is glaringly obvious. 
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
AOE Basics said: I get that  it's a small team, but that's like a 5 minute fix that is glaringly obvious.  While there exist solutions to natural sorting, I think that it's insulting to assert as easy a problem that is not , in fact, easy. There's a reason no language (that I'm aware of) ships with a built-in naturalSort() function. As a business, Roll20 is also required to consider the licensing implications of any existing implementation before trying to use it. Blindly grabbing the wrong natural sort implementation could get Roll20 into a heap of legal trouble if it happens to be licensed under something like the GPL and the rest of their codebase doesn't meet the licensing requirements.
Brian said: AOE Basics said: I get that  it's a small team, but that's like a 5 minute fix that is glaringly obvious.  While there exist solutions to natural sorting, I think that it's insulting to assert as easy a problem that is not , in fact, easy. There's a reason no language (that I'm aware of) ships with a built-in naturalSort() function. Wikipedia's page on  natural sorting lists several programming languages with natural sorting built in.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
David T. said: Brian said: AOE Basics said: I get that  it's a small team, but that's like a 5 minute fix that is glaringly obvious.  While there exist solutions to natural sorting, I think that it's insulting to assert as easy a problem that is not , in fact, easy. There's a reason no language (that I'm aware of) ships with a built-in naturalSort() function. Wikipedia's page on  natural sorting lists several programming languages with natural sorting built in. The only built-in function linked from that page is for PHP.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I'll put together a task ticket for this (we likely have one on file already, but never had the resources to handle it when it was first brought up). We're doubling our team of developers, one specifically for UX, so we'll finally have the resources to smooth out these common use pain points. Thank you for report.