Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP D&D 5e "West Marches-Style" Game (GM in NA EST)

We're a few weeks into our game but we still need 3 or 4 engaged, dedicated players to round out our stable of potential players. Scheduling here is player driven and Mondays, Thursdays and weekends seem to be the most popular times so far. That can change though. You can find more details at the link below about the game, timing etc. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73901/beyond-th" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73901/beyond-th</a>... If you have any questions, either put an application in the game or here. Remember though that I won't be able to invite you to the game from this forum thread. Cheers.
What is the typical start time for games? I'm only available to start around 9pm EDT Sunday-Thursday, 930pm EDT Friday and Saturday. This doesn't work for most people, which is why I try and check before moving forward.
Generally weekday games start between 6-7 because of people working the following day (myself included). Weekend games vary as sometimes it's scheduled in the day and other times at night.&nbsp;
Just giving this a bump since we're still looking to fill up a couple more slots in the pool.
How long do sessions usually last?&nbsp;
So far, anywhere from 2-4 hours. It's entirely possible though that a team could decide to go shorter, or longer, based upon what they are trying to accomplish in the story. An example might be discovering a larger "dungeon" and wanting to try and explore it in one game session.
And strangely, the overall play pool is somewhat lacking in Arcane types. Not something that usually crops up since I find they are popular player choices. If there's anyone so inclined, I'm sure the other players would be happy to see Arcane casters join into the mix.
Messaged you on game thread!
Got it. Thanks for the interest in our game.
Update: We have been playing for over a month and things are going well. There are still a couple of slots still open in the player pool though. People joining but not making a character or doing so but then never actually playing remains a problem. There are mechanics in place to ensure everyone gets to play once a week should they wish. I would say 2-3 times a month should be the minimum committment level though. I would really love to get a complete stable of players before June hits...
The game looks intriguing, and the regular times for playing are very accessible for me! I'm trying to doublecheck that my computer is capable of running everything that's required; my webcam is old and a bit grainy, but it functions. I'm re-installing Skype to doublecheck that the computer can run that. But what's the VTT that's mentioned a few times?&nbsp;
VTT = Virtual Table Top aka Roll20. As opposed to real life play.