Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dice roller script question [Vampire: the Requiem 2E]

Hi! I'm very new to using Roll20 and I need some help figuring out how the dice roller works. I have looked through the wiki and can't seem to find what I want. Here's what I have figured out so far. Basic roll {xd10!sd}>8 Chance Die 1d10>10 I need the dice roller to do 8-Again and 9-Again. 8-Again: basic roll, but instead of 10s being exploded into new dice that are added to the roll, now I want 8s, 9s and 10s to be exploded and added to the dice roll. 9-Again: basic roll, but instead of 10s being exploded into new dice that are added to the roll, now I want 9s and 10s to be exploded and added to the dice roll. Thanks in advance!

Edited 1495006909
I tried the following, but it doesn't work. {6d10>8!sd}>8 In theory that is supposed to explode 9s and 10s, but it only explodes the 10s.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I believe what you want is penetrating: !!   ! will give you two dice when the threshold is rolled !! will give you a single value that is the sum of the dice when the threshold is rolled. To set the threshold on exploding, you need to put the number after the !s.  I think what you want then is: 8-Again: [[ {6d10!!>8sd}>8 ]] 9-Again: [[ {6d10!!>9sd}>8 ]] 10s (probably?) [[ {6d10!sd}>8 ]]
The Aaron said: I believe what you want is penetrating: !!   ! will give you two dice when the threshold is rolled !! will give you a single value that is the sum of the dice when the threshold is rolled. Right, it did sort of work, but it doesn't work all the way. I did some test rolls, which resulted in a situation where a die rolled a 9 and then followed by another 9 (9+9=18). According to the rules for 9-Again the die is supposed to keep exploding until it rolls less than a 9. Penetrating stopped after adding the second 9 to the die. Also, the dice roller doesn't automatically count all the successes, because because that 18 is two successes, but the dice roller counts it as a single success. Not a big deal for a veteran player like me to figure out, but cumbersome for new players. I know a bunch of programming languages. Is there an easy way I can write the code myself and add it to my game?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Try it with a single ! Instead of the !! To fix the successes count. (Penetrating makes the sum of exploded dice appear as a single dice for the purposes of comparing to thresholds.  Pro subscribers have access to the JavaScript API as one of their perks. 
The Aaron said: Try it with a single ! Instead of the !! To fix the successes count. (Penetrating makes the sum of exploded dice appear as a single dice for the purposes of comparing to thresholds. It counted the successes correctly, but didn't explode the 8s or 9s at all. Only the 10s. So, unfortunately that didn't work.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Mikko T. said: It counted the successes correctly, but didn't explode the 8s or 9s at all. Only the 10s. So, unfortunately that didn't work. What's the roll expression you're currently using?
does macro script language change from system to system? Curious if i could run pathfinder macros for 5e. Of course if its involving stat modifiers from a char sheet i would need to modify it but im talking about basic dice rolls like the OP If the language doesnt change i could attempt to make dice macros for you OP
Christopher E. said: does macro script language change from system to system? Curious if i could run pathfinder macros for 5e. Of course if its involving stat modifiers from a char sheet i would need to modify it but im talking about basic dice rolls like the OP If the language doesnt change i could attempt to make dice macros for you OP I switched to an external dice roller, so that's no longer a pressing need.