Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[API] Custom Menu Items for API Scripts

It would be incredibly flexible to have a full UI system tied to scripting somehow but I can also understand what a massive undertaking that would be. As such, I'd like to suggest something which I feel adds more than having the in-line chat UI but isn't as big in scope... In order to have quicker/easier access to functions in my API script and to be able to show values to user(s) without having to type a command - I'd like to suggest that API scripts should be able to add sub-menus to the main menu. My initial suggestion involves adding an 'API' menu item to the main menu - hovering over this item lists all registered menus from scripts at the first level. There would then be an API method for registering a sub-menu on which you can then add/remove/update items. There could be some form of callback which is passed the menu item ID on a click. Ideally the system would also allow sub-sub-menus and maybe even having a drop-down box on an item (although, you could just trigger a custom dialog on the event click I guess - so that's probably not necessary). Anyway, the attached image probably explains the idea better than I can describe in words... I've only recently upgraded to a Pro account and started playing with API scripting, so please let me know if this is a poorly structured suggestion or one that's been before (I tried searching!).
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .