Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tales From the Yawning Portal Bug Thread 1.1

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ris - Have you tried removing the Addon and then reapplying? Handouts should be included for the maps, absolutely. 
Am I supposed to see character sheet tabs on the NPC journal entries?  I noticed other posts on the forum that indicate I should be able to see the Character Sheet tab, and the content doesn't seem that useful without it.  :) .  What am I missing?
Be sure you have the 5E OGL character sheet selected in the Game Settings.
Hi Team. Am about to start running characters through Tomb of Horrors. There is no front door - false entrance left and right are fine but the middle/correct way just opens straight into the map. There also appear to be a number of doors/passages that are secret that show up on the map without cover etc. An example as below for area 10. I understand this is how it is in the printed WotC book - but for a VTT it needs to be fixed. 

Edited 1523838097
Well...shoot.  I was unprepared to have the big red 'T' displayed for the players to see on the VTT map.  Any suggestions on how to handle this big bit of meta-gaming?  I guess I could call for skill checks at the beginning of each game session and apply them, in order, when the players enter a room with the dreaded 'T' on full display.  This sucks.  I'll also need to ask for some type of 'luck' roll so the player who fails the perception check to realize there is a trap doesn't have their character actively avoid the location of the trap just because they (player) can see the red 'T' on the map.
Rom E. said: Well...shoot.  I was unprepared to have the big red 'T' displayed for the players to see on the VTT map.  Any suggestions on how to handle this big bit of meta-gaming?  I guess I could call for skill checks at the beginning of each game session and apply them, in order, when the players enter a room with the dreaded 'T' on full display.  This sucks.  I'll also need to ask for some type of 'luck' roll so the player who fails the perception check to realize there is a trap doesn't have their character actively avoid the location of the trap just because they (player) can see the red 'T' on the map. I think the "T" is a token image that you can just move to the GM layer.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Rom: All T's should be on the GM layer only. Can you let me know which maps had the T on the token layer (or map layer) where players could see?
Are there any plans on improving the dynamic lighting in Tomb of Horrors? The lighting is kinda sloppy, certainly not up to the same quality of other modules on Roll20. I find it unusable in its current state.
Hello, So since a GM of mine has other plans for the next 2 weeks I was thinking of running some Tales From the Yawning portal and start with the sunless one, but for some reason I not get any spells to show on character sheets other then the Shaped one. It is probably doable with that one, but I have a feeling that most my players might find it a bit too confusing to use that one, so I tried any of the other ones, but as soon as I go to those I can't seem to get anything on their sheets that tells me what sort of abilities they have, only their stats seem to register.  So either I'm doing something wrong, which is highly possible since I not really been using Roll20 for a long while, or something went haywire in some of the sheets for me somehow. Anyone has any idea what is happening with the incomplete sheets for NPC's on any of them except the Shaped Sheet?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Gen, have you made a fresh game with the 5E OGL sheet selected and then added in the addon? 
Yes, same thing happened, the stats are pretty much only thing that sticks there the rest just is kept empty. The shaped one is the only one that has everything on it.
GenSmicer said: Yes, same thing happened, the stats are pretty much only thing that sticks there the rest just is kept empty. The shaped one is the only one that has everything on it. Hi Gen, Could you go ahead and email us at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> with a few screenshots of what it is you are seeing? Thank you!
Chris B. said: Hi Team. Am about to start running characters through Tomb of Horrors. There is no front door - false entrance left and right are fine but the middle/correct way just opens straight into the map. There also appear to be a number of doors/passages that are secret that show up on the map without cover etc. An example as below for area 10. I understand this is how it is in the printed WotC book - but for a VTT it needs to be fixed.&nbsp; I reported this over a year ago at release.
Ris Dnalor said: Are the Handouts for the White Gates, Black Gates, and Gate Key missing from Dead in Thay or did something go wrong with the files when I added this to my game?&nbsp; The only handouts I show are the big map, and then the "Creatures and Monsters" section.&nbsp;&nbsp; The Gates and key are linked in the introduction, but the there are not files listed for them to be linked to.&nbsp; thanks, Ris I am experiencing this as well. The links are in the Doomvault Features handout. I have created a brand new game - same issue and removed/re-added with no change. It is confusing to have the links to other handouts that are not there, right-clicking on the link and copying it shows all three links glyph key , black gate , white gate all point to the same link;&nbsp; <a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-KdRcbAAV3DLnztk" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-KdRcbAAV3DLnztk</a>... for BOTH games.