Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Curse of Strahd Bug Reporting Thread

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Lugert said: I'm new to Roll20, so I'm hoping this is user error, but I purchased the Ravenloft Map Pack (Not the full module) and added the content to my game before going to the virtual tabletop. Yet, when I go into my library (with "everything" pulled down) none of the maps show up under Premium Assets or My Library. I'm a digital-adept person and I've tried every rational way I think this system would import something. It says in the map pack that I don't download it, and it's only for Roll 20 - so I know I'm not supposed to download it and reupload to my library. But the only thing that even hints I have new assets is that there's some vampires in my tokens. I don't know if they are from Ravenloft or not, but in general I'm super frustrated. I need Tech Support.  The Castle Ravenloft Map Pack is an Addon. You can include an Addon to a game from the Game Detail's page. Check out instructions  here .
I've been running Curse of Strahd for a couple of weeks now, and I'm amazed how well the module is put together. My only complaint is trying to maintain mystery. All the tokens have "Show Nameplate" set to on, and the handouts state the name in both the title section and in the image. It's obviously a conscious decision, but it's frustrating when all my players can know this is a "specter" or this is a "strahd zombie" not a regular "zombie" when I share the player handout. It would nice if there was some option to hide the names from the players.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ted H. said: I've been running Curse of Strahd for a couple of weeks now, and I'm amazed how well the module is put together. My only complaint is trying to maintain mystery. All the tokens have "Show Nameplate" set to on, and the handouts state the name in both the title section and in the image. It's obviously a conscious decision, but it's frustrating when all my players can know this is a "specter" or this is a "strahd zombie" not a regular "zombie" when I share the player handout. It would nice if there was some option to hide the names from the players. You can turn off Show Nameplate for all tokens in the whole game by updating the Default Settings on the Game Settings page. Check it on and save settings and then check it off again and save a second time to save it in the off mode. Then from inside the game under the Settings Tab (gear), at the bottom under experimental features is the option to apply that setting to every token in the game. I'd recommend backing up your game first because this action cannot be undone. There will be an option on the next version of the 5e OGL character sheet to turn off the names of NPC actions when they do their attacks. This sheet update will be out with the Fog and Functionality update at the end of this month. As for sharing handouts and handout names, there isn't a good work around there other than re-naming the handout. It's something we'll think about for future functionality.
Steve K. said: Ted H. said: I've been running Curse of Strahd for a couple of weeks now, and I'm amazed how well the module is put together. My only complaint is trying to maintain mystery. All the tokens have "Show Nameplate" set to on, and the handouts state the name in both the title section and in the image. It's obviously a conscious decision, but it's frustrating when all my players can know this is a "specter" or this is a "strahd zombie" not a regular "zombie" when I share the player handout. It would nice if there was some option to hide the names from the players. You can turn off Show Nameplate for all tokens in the whole game by updating the Default Settings on the Game Settings page. Check it on and save settings and then check it off again and save a second time to save it in the off mode. Then from inside the game under the Settings Tab (gear), at the bottom under experimental features is the option to apply that setting to every token in the game. I'd recommend backing up your game first because this action cannot be undone. There will be an option on the next version of the 5e OGL character sheet to turn off the names of NPC actions when they do their attacks. This sheet update will be out with the Fog and Functionality update at the end of this month. As for sharing handouts and handout names, there isn't a good work around there other than re-naming the handout. It's something we'll think about for future functionality. Thanks Steve, This was very helpful. I'm looking forward to the update this month. Is there a list online for whats contained in the update? As we're playing thru, I'm going one step ahead and removing the names from the handouts, but the other issue is the names are in the images too. Not sure if there's a good way around that, other than to just show the players and not worry about it (which kills any suspence), or wait to show them afterwards what they just killed. Thanks again.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ted H. said: Thanks Steve, This was very helpful. I'm looking forward to the update this month. Is there a list online for whats contained in the update? As we're playing thru, I'm going one step ahead and removing the names from the handouts, but the other issue is the names are in the images too. Not sure if there's a good way around that, other than to just show the players and not worry about it (which kills any suspence), or wait to show them afterwards what they just killed. Thanks again. There isn't a list but there is  this teaser trailer .
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Note for myself to add in a Fortune Telling page in a future patch -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5375980/add-a-fortune-telling-page-to-curse-of-strahd" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5375980/add-a-fortune-telling-page-to-curse-of-strahd</a>
Eric
Sheet Author
With the recent OGL update, all the NPC's have lost their spells. When can we expect a patch that fixes all the tokens we paid for? Thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
This is something we're discussing internally and have eyes on. Getting these modules to full functionality is high priority. We'll keep you updated!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
While we are looking into this: All NPC spellcasting information should be located in their statblock. So while the spells currently are not set up in the levels and clickable, all the information necessary is still available on each character. Thank you for your patience while we get these updated!
Yeah, I was really taken by surprise when I ran Van Ric's Tower, Strahd shows up and his sheet is broken as all hell when it's been perfect up to last week.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Strahd should be showing spells as he did prior, and as soon as the production team is freed up from our current project, we'll be updating modules to align with the new sheet functionality!
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
I believe the "Waterhaus" page erroneously has 'Enforce Line of Sight' off by default.
Using Chrome I'm having difficulty changing the character sheet defaults. I've done so in the setting page out of game (Advantage query on; Always whisper rolls on; Don't auto roll damage on), saved that and the settings seem to have stuck (They do not stick on Firefox however; they just revert back). Entered game and clicked the Apply Default Settings which prompted me to go through the list of changes I wished to apply; checked them, hit the ok button, got asked if I really wanted to and clicked yes. The progress bar appeared, ticked up, and I got the message that the settigns had been applied successfully. However, upon opening an existing character sheet, or creating a new character sheet, the changes have no effect and all of the sheets are exactly as they were before (always advantage, always whisper, auto roll damage). Regarding my Firefox issue; not only are the character default settings not saving, the Apply Default Settings button doesn't appear anywhere in the settings tab, where it normally does on Chrome.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Solitaire, can you make a copy of the game and tell me the name of that copy? Also how would you like the settings changed? I have been able to update settings successfully and cannot recreate the issue so I'll take a closer look for you :)&nbsp;
Mel said: Strahd should be showing spells as he did prior, and as soon as the production team is freed up from our current project, we'll be updating modules to align with the new sheet functionality! Hi Mel,&nbsp; Is there an ETA on this? Should we expect a few more weeks, or are we talking months? Cheers,&nbsp; -TED-
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Ted, team is currently working on these updates - I made a thread specifically about the progress of this project here so as to keep these forms module bug specific -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5586246/wotc-mod" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5586246/wotc-mod</a>... :)
Hi guys, Loving the module. One thing I noticed today, prepping for the weekend, the advanced fog of war/line of sight stuff in the Death House Map. If I reset fog, etc. and rejoin as a player, it works beautifully, on the bottom half of the page (Floors 1 and 2) - black map, revealed as token moves through.&nbsp; But the top two floors (i.e. the top half of the page) is fully visible. Advanced fog of war still works fine, but as a player, I can see the whole plan before my token hits it. Anyone else come across this?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Conor! We're actually taking a look at the Dynamic Lighting setups with Advanced Fog of war as part of our update. I'll make sure this gets some extra scrutiny. You might also take a look at limiting the amount Adv. FoW reveals as a character, and limit it to 10 or 20 feet. Your token will still see the same distance, but only reveal the closest 2-4 squares.&nbsp; Let me know if that helps :)
Minor typo but I had to report it because it is a typo on Strahd himself. 'Bite (Bate or Vampire Form Only)' When he attacked in our finale the players found this funny and they were wondering what his Bate form was...
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Oh gosh, thank you John! :D
Just found out five minutes before my game that the Wight entry in the journal didn't have Life Drain in its attacks. It was no biggy, because I could quickly add it while I was waiting for the players to settle in. After the game I dragged the Wight into a different game and it had Life Drain, so there must be something up with the entry in the CoS module.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the heads up!&nbsp;
Ted H. said: Mel said: Strahd should be showing spells as he did prior, and as soon as the production team is freed up from our current project, we'll be updating modules to align with the new sheet functionality! Hi Mel,&nbsp; Is there an ETA on this? Should we expect a few more weeks, or are we talking months? Cheers,&nbsp; -TED- Is there any further progress on updating these modules? I am planning to start running Curse of Strahd in the new year and I would like the module I have paid for to be up to date.... Any information appreciated. Kev
Hi I've just bought this but it looks like all my assets in the journal have not been placed into the folder but alphabetically and the bottom ofthe folder list. Is this just a stupid setting I'm missing or has something gone wrong?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Richard - It looks like something interrupted the game mid-creation, and the folder structure wasn't quite finished. It looks like you've made another game where this problem didn't persist? Please let me know if you're having further issues with Curse of Strahd :)
Not so far!
Im trying to create a game with this modulr (i just bought it) and it has said i am position 163 in the queue for the past 24 hours. because the game didnt launch we had to do it from the book over Discord. we plan on playing again tomorrow night and woukd like to have it up and running by then. what should I do.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Joseph - Please try making a new game, the queue should be clear and there may have been a hiccup when your game was being created. Let me know if making a new game doesn't fix the problem :)
Hi I am having a problem with my game. I've&nbsp;been running curse of strahd&nbsp;fine for a few months now and everything&nbsp;was going fine until I purchased the Ravenloft map pack addon. its caused a glitch where I can't seem to drag any of the creatures onto the map from the journal, I can only drag player characters. at first, I thought it was a glitch I caused, or it was my browser (I'm&nbsp;using chrome). But when i started a new curse of strahd&nbsp;game it was fine, The only way i could replicate the glitch was by using the ravenloft&nbsp;map pack addon again. once I used the map pack I could not load any creature tokens from my journal.&nbsp; please help, i have no idea what to do to&nbsp;fix it
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Sam So you're applying the Ravenloft Map addon to the already existing module? All of the maps from the addon are already present in the module, is there a reason you are wanting them twice?

Edited 1516738470
yeah the maps in the addon&nbsp;are top down, where as in the module i could only find the 2.5d like maps where its at an angle. either way i cant undo the maps, and i dont&nbsp;understand&nbsp;why it would cause the problem i described
haha, that did it. Thanks Trivia.

Edited 1516749573
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Sam - The top down Castle Ravenloft maps are also located in the Curse of Strahd Module. Click the Page Toolbar and scroll to the right and you'll see them! Edit to add: Adding the already existing maps to the module is what's causing the issue. I've escalated the issue to a dev, but you do not need to add the maps as they are already present in your module. Joseph - No problem :)

Edited 1516814900
okay, i feel kind of an idiot for buying the maps now. oh well. it doesn't&nbsp;help that I only discovered the bug in the middle of a game, luckily copy and pasting creatures was a useful workaround thanks for the help
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Glad to help Sam! :)
I'm finding with the CoS module that all my spell casters are set up with incorrect 'to hit' modifiers and spell DC's. For instance, Strahd should have a +10 to hit with spells, but it's giving him a +17. Is there any way to fix this without going in to each spell caster NPC character sheet and changing their global to hit modifier?

Edited 1518027887
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Good news everyone! Curse of Strahd has been patched! Patch notes follow: Patch 1.3 Pages: Added a Tarroka Reading page for those wishing to show the Tarroka spread off to players. The Fortunes of Ravenloft handout has been updated to add in a note about its use. Dynamic Lighting: Watcherhaus now is set to have Line of Sight on as a default Monsters & Named NPCs Edits: The following monsters and NPCs have had some or all of their lore information edited and/or moved to the GM Info section: Strahd's Animated Armor: information moved to the GM Info section. Arabelle: information moved to the GM Info section. Baba Lysaga: information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Baba Lysaga's Creeping Hut: some information moved to the GM Info section. Baba Lysaga's Giant Skull: information moved to the GM Info section. Baron Vargas Vallakovich: information moved to the GM Info section. Donavich: some information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Doru: lore information added to the GM Info section. Exethanter: spellcasting abilities updated. Ezmerelda d'Avenir: some information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Gertruda: some information moved to the GM Info section. Henrik van der Voort: information moved to the GM Info section. Ireena Kolyana: information moved to the GM Info section. Ismark Kolyanovich: information moved to the GM Info section. Izek Strazni: some information moved to the GM Info section. Kasimir Velikov: some information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Lady Fiona Wachter: some information moved to the GM Info section; added link to Majesto; spellcasting abilities updated. Lief Lipsiege: some information moved to the GM Info section. Madam Eva: some information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Milivoj: some information moved to the GM Info section. Cyrus Belview: added link to Morgantha. Morgantha: added relevant lore and links to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Nikolai Wachter: information moved to the GM Info section. Patrina Velikovna: information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Pidlwick II: information moved to the GM Info section. Rahadin: information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Rictavio: information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Rosavalda "Rose" Durst: information moved to the GM Info section. Savid: some information moved to the GM Info section. Sir Godfrey Gwilym: spellcasting abilities updated. Stanimir: spellcasting abilities updated. Stella Wachter: information moved to the GM Info section. Strahd von Zarovich: some information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Spelling error fixed. The Abbot: spellcasting abilities updated. The Mad Mage: some information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Thornboldt "Thorn" Durst: information moved to the GM Info section; added link to Rose. Victor Vallakovich: information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Vilnius: some information moved to the GM Info section; spellcasting abilities updated. Vladimir Horngaard: some information moved to the GM Info section.
Hello, I've noticed when I create a new CoS campaign that the Player Character's Folder is now missing.&nbsp; Obviously it is easy enough to add the folder in but seems like a minor bug.&nbsp; I've created a couple test campaigns to see if it was just the one and they all seem to be missing that folder now since the last patch.&nbsp; Thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Luckyday - Do you mean a folder where the GM would put the sheets for the characters playing the game? If so, we do not include them in our module layouts, but it is a common GM practice to add a folder that way :) Thanks! Trivia

Edited 1519235598
I think this is a bug, becouse I can't think what the number in red circle is supposed to be, I know other two HP and AC. Almost all, about 90% NPC are like this, in both campaigns that I bought COS and TOA.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
CrazyGambler - Thanks! Is it only Amber Golem that's showing up with that adjusted HP for you?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
A Reddit post came up about the update and removal of hag coven spells from Morgantha and her sisters, so I wanted to copypaste my statement there so its public :) We deliberated about the hag coven spellcasting back and forth for a while with this large update. We came to an agreement based on how many single hag encounters are possible that we would leave out the coven spells so as not to confuse users unfamiliar with the hag coven restrictions. All of the spells available are listed under the hag information on the first tab, so it's easy to get, but not integrated due to its special use case.
@Trivia Nope its most NPC in both Curse of Strahd and Tomb of Annihilation.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
CrazyGambler - Are you using any API that may be affecting your tokens? The red circle in all Roll20 modules should be left empty for GM use.&nbsp;
@Trivia, non that affect those fields, just made a fresh campaign, and they are like that by default by the looks.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
CrazyGambler - It looks like the OGL Companion Script is rolling HP for these NPC's and setting it to the red bar.&nbsp; Can you give&nbsp; !autonpctoken off a try for me?

Edited 1519315991
@Trivia, its still happening but you might be onto something, as value in red circle is different everytime I drop token on the map, and it appears few seconds after placing the token. &nbsp; EDIT: Ok, so placing new tokens on the map it still rolls their hp, but if I refresh the page all already placed tokens are fine, with red field emptied out, no idea what might be causing this.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
CrazyGambler - If you remove the companion script and then retry, does that stop the behavior?
@Trivia, Brand new created game