Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [5e] Experienced(ish) Player Looking for New Long-Term Campaign

Name: Kyle Age: 18 Experience: Started off with a pencil and paper at a table playing 5e with friends every two weeks about a year ago. Played in a long-term campaign for six months on Roll20 before it dissolved. Why do you play D&D: Mentioned my interest to aforementioned friends, and they had me join them halfway through a campaign. I loved figuring out how to be inventive in the game, mechanically and roleplay-wise. That tendency toward creativity usually shows in my builds. Race: Usually play human or half-elf, and occasionally tiefling or goliath. Class: I usually multiclass heavily into two classes, but my most common setups are Rogue/Warlock, Rogue/Paladin, Paladin/Sorcerer, and occasionally Barbarian/Warlock. Willing to try other builds, but I lean slightly more towards rogues. Background: Rogue/Warlock and Paladin/Sorcerer are generally Far Traveler, Rogue/Paladin is usually Haunted One, and Barbarian/Warlock is always an Entertainer (Gladiator). Brief Bio: When I started DnD, it was in my friends' campaign with homebrew rules that they essentially taught me to be the real deal. After a few scoldings in the first few sessions of my first Roll20 group, I have the regular rules down. Player Style: Usually is dependent on my character. Love roleplay on my rogues, and combat is great on my martial characters, but a happy mix of roleplay and combat is always welcomed. I regularly stray from conventional characters, which has caused some scrapes with min/max vets when I proved useless in some situations, and I rely on cheeky antics more than most set-in-stone combat mechanics (my first DM won't let me near another ball bearing). Important Session Details: Work and social life means I'm generally only available after 6:00PM EST, but I'll happily chug through a six hour session. I'm patient with new players, I have a Discord and mic, and I have no issues with mature content or banter.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5224077/d-and-d-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5224077/d-and-d-</a>...
Hey there, not sure if it would fit your schdule, but i want to start a game in 5e that follows the old 1e formula of dungeon focus. In 1e, roleplay happened, but inside the dungeon, under tense situations. It was not aimless and in town. Town existed to recoup at while you went into the dungon, which was typically massive. The first games ran by gygax actually were just dungeon, nothing else at all. You met people, rested, healed, fought, died, gained new party members, all of it while dungeon crawling. I would use the 5e system and run a game that exists in a world but uses a large focus on exploring a dungeon of some kind. Combat would be a huge focus, as would dealing with traps, exploring and searching rooms, dealing with puzzles and things that block acess to other parts of the dungeon, ect ect. One dungeon could take as many as 5 or 6 sessions to fully explore or escape and you could go from level 3 to 5 or 6, or more, easily enough. The purpose and what your doing there would be tied to what the story ends up being about. Trying to run it on Friday nights at 9pm-1am, if that dont work the other day is Thurs nights at the same time frame.