Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Problems with uneditable fields and auto-calculated stats

Hi, hoping someone here will be able to help me. I'm new to roll20 and Pathfinder and I've been filling out my character sheet to start at lvl6 (catching up with some friends who imported their characters), but I've been running into problems where uneditable fields are wrong for whatever reason. For example, my spells per day (I'm a sorcerer) and bonus spells are currently at 0 despite my charisma score and modifier being filled out correctly. As a side note, I'm unsure how to update my ability scores when I level up (my GM filled them out for me initially). Thank you so much for your help, hopefully it's just me missing something really obvious.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ability scores; you can adjust your base ability score on the Core page/tab. &nbsp;(base column on the ability scores grid). &nbsp; For spells; &nbsp;first make sure your class and level are correct on the class grid. &nbsp;Next, go to the spells page/tab, under Spellcasting Classes, make sure to fill in Sync class and Base level. &nbsp;Under Concentration, make sure to choose a primary Ability(this is also used for bonus spells on the spells per day section/grid) &nbsp;On the Spells/Day section, choose Spontaneous. &nbsp;Use your Class Table(prd) to input your base spells per day. &nbsp;You also get additional spells/day depending on your primary Ability bonus as determined by the Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells table(prd). &nbsp;Fill in your spells known according to your class table. &nbsp;If you still see that your spells/day are at "0" try a recalc of the sheet. more info can be found on the pathfinder character sheet guide on the wiki:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a> cheers
Thank you so much for your quick reply! Unfortunately, while I have tried to follow your instructions as best I can (and read through the link provided) I can't seem to edit the fields for base ability scores, caster level, concentration, spells per day, additional spells and many others. I realise some of these are pre-calculated, however they don't seem to be calculating correctly (my caster level is 0 despite my sorcerer level being 7). Posting pictures of my current problem. Thank you for your help!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try changing the class dropdown to something else then back. The first option just lets you fill any number in. Basically, until the base level is &gt; 0, and the concentration ability is set, it will not calculate anything on the spells page
Ok, that option just isn't there for me... no idea what to do here
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OH, go to up to the "pathfinder" logo, and click the "Mode" button with the 4 arrows that will change it to expanded mode that lets you editmore
Oh my goodness, that's fixed basically all my problems. Thank you so much! I knew it'd be something simple I was missing :)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
cool. we should make that image bigger on the wiki and say "look here!" or something there is so much going on in the sheet .. it's difficult
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not the first time the Mode toggle has been overlooked. &nbsp;Maybe we should add a flag/label at the top of the sheet saying which "mode" you are currently viewing. &nbsp;Glad you got it worked out. &nbsp;Cheers.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: Not the first time the Mode toggle has been overlooked. &nbsp;Maybe we should add a flag/label at the top of the sheet saying which "mode" you are currently viewing. &nbsp;Glad you got it worked out. &nbsp;Cheers. I put a pretty toggle button on the Arkham Horror sheet to switch between display and edit mode: