Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Note Log for Players

I know there was talk about expanding NoteLog for player's use back in this thread - is that possible yet?  Ideal for me would be for players to have their own NoteLog, and the GM another.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm. Not yet, but it should be a simple change. What do you have in mind for an interface? Could add !pnote-log and !pnote-text commands that write to a note for the issuing player very easily. 
That would work fine.  Right now I have a macro that I access via a button when I want to make a note.  I'd just like to give the players that same function as well, so there would be one handout that players and I would have access to for their notes, and a separate handout which would be just for my notes.
The Aaron said: Hmm. Not yet, but it should be a simple change. What do you have in mind for an interface? Could add !pnote-log and !pnote-text commands that write to a note for the issuing player very easily.  Would each player have their own log handout? I have macros the players can use to add to the game log. I just have to train them to do it. But they might be more receptive to their own log as a personal journal. Excellent script, BTW.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
So, I think there is room for several features here: GM's Note Log -- this is what the script does now. Party Note Log -- a public handout that all players can write into and see. Player Note Log -- a public handout that only a given player can write to, but all can see. Private Player Note Log -- a private handout that only the player can write to and see. Character Note Log -- a public handout that only a given character (i.e. the players that can control it) can write to, but all can see. Private Character Note Log -- a private handout that only a given character (i.e. the players that can control it) can write to and see. Sound about right?
… and maybe markdown support? O:)
Wow, that's a lot of features - I probably would not use them all personally, but others might.  Thanks for hard work!
The Aaron said: So, I think there is room for several features here: GM's Note Log -- this is what the script does now. Party Note Log -- a public handout that all players can write into and see. Player Note Log -- a public handout that only a given player can write to, but all can see. Private Player Note Log -- a private handout that only the player can write to and see. Character Note Log -- a public handout that only a given character (i.e. the players that can control it) can write to, but all can see. Private Character Note Log -- a private handout that only a given character (i.e. the players that can control it) can write to and see. Sound about right? The first two are already handled but I think I had to give permissions for the players on the GM's Note Log for it to work for them. How about having two logs active (mainly for GM's log) so I can have separate logs for separate parties within the same game? I imagine it would require passing an argument for each party like "Log1" or "Log2", or even "Log of the Artful Defilers" or "Log of the Roving Reprobates"
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sounds reasonable...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Did anything come of these suggestions? They sound like excellent features.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Not yet, but they will.