Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tricky Dice Roll macro

GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have a homebrew system that uses the following dice roll rule: Roll 1d6-1d6 and add Skill If either Die is a 6, don't change the rolled number, but it is a Special result. Is there a way in roll20 to have a macro which shows the result, and adds "Special" to the output when either die is a 6?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nope, if the critical color coding doesn't work for you, this would need an API

Edited 1500680399
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Actually, if you are using a custom character sheet in your game, you could use a Roll Template and that (if coded properly) would also allow you to do that without the API.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott, I overlooked using the critical colour coding. But I'd like to have the dice result use inline rolls, so I'm not sure how to display that with the reult all on one line. (Using /roll does show the colour coding, but splits it across several lines). Finderski, I am intrigued by the idea of using a rolltemplate. I have set them up before, but I'm not sure how to do this particular roll with it. Since I need to subtract 1 die from the another, but also look at them independently to see if they got a six. In rolltemplates as far as i know, you cant perform arithmetic. So I could have a roll template if statement that looks at the reuslt of the first die, then looks at the result of the second die, but I'm not sure how to then subtract one from the other within the rolltemplate. Can you help me figure out how to do this roll in a rolltemplate?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
[[1d6-1d6]] would give you critical color coding. If it is green or red highlighted, then mouse over to see what was what.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott, thanks. Also, I figured out how to do it the rolltemplate way too, so thanks for pointing me in that direction Finderski. I had completely overlooked the RollwasCrit and rollwasFumble conditionals.

Edited 1500947919
[[({0,floor(1-abs([[1d6]]-6))}dl1)*(T-F) +F]] This will result in a 0 unless it is a 6, then it will result in a 1
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Bob, but I actually need to know the value on the dice as well as whether one of them shows a 6.  The critical colour coding, and the rolltemplate approach give me what i need.