Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll Template - attach the "inline roll hover display" to a word

Edited 1502349687
In a roll template, is there a way to attach the "inline roll hover display" to a word instead of displaying the numbered result of the roll? I want to show whether or not the roll was a success simply by displaying the word "Success!". I can do this using the {{#rollGreater()}} helper function in the HTML, but if I also want to see the result of the inline roll I need to have a number floating next to the "Success!" message and this is kind of ugly.

Edited 1502405064
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You might be able to do it with CSS like this: set the span.inlinerollresult to opacity:0, z-index: 1, position: absolute, and whatever size you need to be as big as the "Success"/"Failure" string, and put the inlineroll before the "Sucesss"/"Failure" in the roll template. This is untested, but it should display the inlinerollresult invisibly on top of your Success, and it should preserve the hover display...
This worked perfectly! thanks!