Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A little help please

SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I am trying to get this working. It is supposed to return the wound modifier value based on the selection of damage type. it is not returning the wound modifier. // Listen for sheet open or change to repeating type or remove type on('sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged_type remove:repeating_ranged_type', function (e) { updatewoundmod (); }) // Update Wound Modifer console.log('********* updatewoundmodifier *********'); function updatewoundmod (callback) { callback = callback || noop; getAttrs(['repeating_ranged_type'], function(v) { var attrs = {}; if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Cutting (cut)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "1.5"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Impaling (imp)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "2"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Crushing (cr)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "1"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Small Piercing (pi-)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "0.5"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Piercing (pi)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "1"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Large Piercing (pi+)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "1.5"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Huge Piercing (pi++)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "2"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Burning (burn)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "1"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Corrosion (cor)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "1"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Fatigue (fat)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "1"; } else if (v.repeating_ranged_type === "Toxic (tox)") { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier = "1"; } setAttrs( { repeating_ranged_wound_modifier: repeating_ranged_wound_modifier }, {silent: false}, callback ); }); }
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'd suggest adding some logging to make sure you are getting back what you expect.  Also, a switch statement might be a bit more concise and easier to understand.  I'm betting that v.repeating_ranged_type is undefined and since you have no final else case, repeating_ranged_wound_modifier (which is never declared, btw) remains undefined.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Actually, I think it's because these are repeating rows, you need to get the section IDs and iterate over them: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Sheet_Worker_Scripts#getSe" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Sheet_Worker_Scripts#getSe</a>... Will look something like this: /* ... */ &nbsp; &nbsp; getSectionIDs('repeating_ranged', function(ids){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; var names = []; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; _.map(ids,function(id){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; names.push("repeating_ranged_"+id+"_type"); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; }); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; getAttrs(names, function(rows) { /* ... */
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You could write this with&nbsp; TheAaronSheet ( also ) like this: on('sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged_type remove:repeating_ranged_type', function (e) { &nbsp; updatewoundmod (); }); function updatewoundmod(callback){ &nbsp; callback = callback || noop; &nbsp;// assuming noop is defined somewhere, otherwise _.noop &nbsp; TAS.repeating('ranged') &nbsp; &nbsp; .fields('type','wound_modifier') &nbsp; &nbsp; .each(function(r){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; switch(r.type){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Small Piercing (pi-)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "0.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Large Piercing (pi+)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Cutting (cut)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "1.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Huge Piercing (pi++)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Impaling (imp)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "2"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Burning (burn)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Corrosion (cor)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Fatigue (fat)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Toxic (tox)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Piercing (pi)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Crushing (cr)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "1"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; }) &nbsp; &nbsp; .execute(); };
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
let me plug that last in and see what's what...

Edited 1502726889
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The event would be "sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged:type remove:repeating_ranged". Also, the remove event is totally superfluous, so it really should be "sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged:type".
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That last did not have the desired effect. Could it be because of the html for the attr? &lt;input type="number" name="attr_wound_modifier" value="0" disabled="disabled"/&gt; or should it be this? &lt;input type="number" name="attr_wound_modifier" value="0" readonly="readonly"/&gt;
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It should definitely be readonly and not disabled.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No effect on wound_modifier
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Are you getting errors or just now change? (and you included TheAaronSheet code in your sheet workers?)

Edited 1502781946
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here is the&nbsp;game if anyone is interested in looking at what I have done to update the GURPS to 4e
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What's this magical Aaron sheet code you speak of Aaron?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you're using the last code I posted last, you'd need to insert this file in the top of your sheet worker section:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/TheAaronSheet/blob/maste" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/TheAaronSheet/blob/maste</a>... Also, I can't join from the link you posted. &nbsp;I would only be able to see the sheet in game, not monkey with the source from there, but that's probably fine.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it worked and thank you so very much sir
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sweet. =D &nbsp;No problem.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Now the next task will be to learn how to move an API to sheetworker status. ;)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
eh? &nbsp;=D
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The roll parser that I never got to work with my roll template...I am thinking that I could convert it into a sheet worker.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I am learning this as I go btw
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
next question: In order to do one for melee weapons (a separate repeating area) should i make another script except 'melee' or can we combine the two in the same script?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
All things being equal, you'd just create another function that does .repeating('melee'). &nbsp;You could also refactor the above like this, if all the other names are the same: on('sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged_type remove:repeating_ranged_type', function (e) { &nbsp; updatewoundmod ('ranged'); }); on('sheet:opened change:repeating_melee_type remove:repeating_melee_type', function (e) { &nbsp; updatewoundmod ('melee'); }); function updatewoundmod(repeatingName, callback){ &nbsp; callback = callback || noop; &nbsp;// assuming noop is defined somewhere, otherwise _.noop &nbsp; TAS.repeating(repeatingName) &nbsp; &nbsp; .fields('type','wound_modifier') &nbsp; &nbsp; .each(function(r){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; switch(r.type){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Small Piercing (pi-)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "0.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Large Piercing (pi+)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Cutting (cut)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "1.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Huge Piercing (pi++)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Impaling (imp)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "2"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Burning (burn)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Corrosion (cor)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Fatigue (fat)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Toxic (tox)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Piercing (pi)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Crushing (cr)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "1"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; }) &nbsp; &nbsp; .execute(); }; Though I have some recollection that there is an issue with having repeating row fields with the same name as other repeating row fields in another repeating section. &nbsp;It's best to preface repeating row fields with their repeating section name like: &lt;input type="number" name="attr_ranged_wound_modifier" value="0" readonly="readonly"/&gt; In which case you could do: on('sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged_rangedtype remove:repeating_ranged_rangedtype', function (e) { &nbsp; updatewoundmod ('ranged'); }); on('sheet:opened change:repeating_melee_melee_type remove:repeating_melee_melee_type', function (e) { &nbsp; updatewoundmod ('melee'); }); function updatewoundmod(repeatingName, callback){ &nbsp; callback = callback || noop; &nbsp;// assuming noop is defined somewhere, otherwise _.noop &nbsp; TAS.repeating(repeatingName) &nbsp; &nbsp; .fields( repeatingName+'_type', repeatingName+'wound_modifier' ) &nbsp; &nbsp; .each(function(r){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; switch(r[repeatingName+'_type']){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Small Piercing (pi-)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r[repeatingName+'_wound_modifier'] = "0.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Large Piercing (pi+)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Cutting (cut)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r[repeatingName+'_wound_modifier'] = "1.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Huge Piercing (pi++)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Impaling (imp)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r[repeatingName+'_wound_modifier'] = "2"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Burning (burn)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Corrosion (cor)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Fatigue (fat)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Toxic (tox)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Piercing (pi)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Crushing (cr)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r[repeatingName+'_wound_modifier'] = "1"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; }) &nbsp; &nbsp; .execute(); }; It's been awhile since I touched sheet workers though, so I might be misremembering.

Edited 1502734480
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So it looks like that issue with&nbsp;repeating row fields with the same name as other repeating row fields is still there. So i inserted ranged before type and wound_modifier and that seems to break it. on('sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged_rangedtype remove:repeating_ranged_rangedtype', function (e) { &nbsp; updatewoundmod (); }); function updatewoundmod(callback){ &nbsp; callback = callback || noop; &nbsp;// assuming noop is defined somewhere, otherwise _.noop &nbsp; TAS.repeating('ranged') &nbsp; &nbsp; .fields('rangedtype','rangedwound_modifier') &nbsp; &nbsp; .each(function(r){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; switch(r.rangedtype){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Small Piercing (pi-)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.rangedwound_modifier = "0.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Large Piercing (pi+)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Cutting (cut)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.rangedwound_modifier = "1.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Huge Piercing (pi++)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Impaling (imp)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.rangedwound_modifier = "2"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Burning (burn)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Corrosion (cor)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Fatigue (fat)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Toxic (tox)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Piercing (pi)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Crushing (cr)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.rangedwound_modifier = "1"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; }) &nbsp; &nbsp; .execute(); }; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Large Piercing (pi+)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Cutting (cut)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.rangedwound_modifier = "1.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Huge Piercing (pi++)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Impaling (imp)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.rangedwound_modifier = "2"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Burning (burn)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Corrosion (cor)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Fatigue (fat)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Toxic (tox)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Piercing (pi)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Crushing (cr)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.rangedwound_modifier = "1"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; }) &nbsp; &nbsp; .execute(); };
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool, glad I could help! =D
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Still wasnt working after the change...so I am scratching my head.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You updated the attributes to match the rangedtype and such?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Oh..&nbsp; on('sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged:rangedtype', function (e) {
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I didn't take Jakob's changes into account.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So I went back to plan A and made a whole other script replacing "ranged" with "melee". Problem solved see final result below: // Wound Modifier Script on('sheet:opened change:repeating_ranged:type remove:repeating_ranged:type', function (e) { updatewoundmod (); }); function updatewoundmod(callback){ callback = callback || noop; &nbsp;// assuming noop is defined somewhere, otherwise _.noop TAS.repeating('ranged') &nbsp; &nbsp; .fields('type','wound_modifier') &nbsp; &nbsp; .each(function(r){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; switch(r.type){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Small Piercing (pi-)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "0.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Large Piercing (pi+)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Cutting (cut)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "1.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Huge Piercing (pi++)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Impaling (imp)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "2"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Burning (burn)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Corrosion (cor)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Fatigue (fat)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Toxic (tox)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Piercing (pi)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Crushing (cr)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "1"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; }) &nbsp; &nbsp; .execute(); }; on('sheet:opened change:repeating_melee:type remove:repeating_melee:type', function (e) { updatewoundmod (); }); function updatewoundmod(callback){ callback = callback || noop; &nbsp;// assuming noop is defined somewhere, otherwise _.noop TAS.repeating('melee') &nbsp; &nbsp; .fields('type','wound_modifier') &nbsp; &nbsp; .each(function(r){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; switch(r.type){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Small Piercing (pi-)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "0.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Large Piercing (pi+)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Cutting (cut)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "1.5"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Huge Piercing (pi++)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Impaling (imp)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "2"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Burning (burn)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Corrosion (cor)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Fatigue (fat)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Toxic (tox)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Piercing (pi)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; case "Crushing (cr)": &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; r.wound_modifier = "1"; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; }) &nbsp; &nbsp; .execute(); };
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool. So long as you got it working. =D
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aaron, I cannot speak on behalf of everyone but, I have to give you a great big thanks for all of your help. Especially since, you are probably one of the busiest people here on Roll20. Without you there are many things that just won't get done. You and all of your work is highly appreciated. Thank you so very much.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
=D &nbsp;No worries, I enjoy helping. You're welcome!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I cleaned up the join links, so you don't get mischief demons running amok ;)&nbsp; If someone still needs the link, they can PM for it.