Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spell slots for NPC's entries not working for me ( using 5e OGL and tracking ammo, spells slots)

Hey Guys,  So when trying to setup my "baddies" to cast spells at these lowly PC's, i'm setting the level, caster level,  and lvl_slots_total (current and max) under the attributes and abilites tab in the sheet. However only the MAX is being saved when i save the sheet. So when i cast a spell from the NPC,  all spell slots are always expended. Btw, i am tracking spell slots and ammo (different API script). Am i doing it wrong, or is it broken? Thanks!
Bueller?
So either i'm not describing the problem clearly, or everyone is as baffled as i am.  :)
The companion script for the 5e OGL sheet (I assume this is what you are using, but you also said that you were using different api scripts so I'm confused), is only meant to work for the PC sheet, not the NPC sheet. It makes me wonder why you would need to track ammo/spells of NPCs as they should not be around the PCs long enough (alive or dead) for it to really matter how many spells they have cast or arrows they have shot.
I appreciate your response. As i didn't know the companion script only tracked the PC sheet and not the NPC sheet (that is the different api script i was referring to), when i do cast a spell from the npc sheet, it still gives me the "all slots are expended", thus giving me the impression that it DID work for it. I don't NEED to track spells for NPC's, but it would have been nice for it to have worked for them. Now that i know it wasn't meant to do that. I can put my curiousity to rest. Thanks for answering at least.