Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do WotC modules handle the maps?

Hello, I'm currently thinking about purchasing a module specifically SKT or the new TOA.  Purchasing to save time and ease of access.  One of the main frustrations for me is maps that don't have a 5' grid.  Some maps have 10'-50' feet grids which are impossible to battle on.  My question is this:  Do the modules handle this so that the maps use a 5' feet grid?  How does that work?  I know that most of SKT maps are not 5'.  Would I have to again figure out a workaround or is it done for me? Thanks, Ari
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I PM'd you a join link so you can check it out.
The SKT maps are set at the same scale they show on the map in the book. So yeah, they have 10' to 50' grids. You'll just have to use theater of the mind or make your own in the scale you prefer.

Edited 1503352031
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Actually, the 10' maps are all setup on a 5' grid.  The 50' maps are set with the right scale, but couldn't be done on a 5' grid because it would look super fuzzy.  But those are less about tactical and more about visualization.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I made my own version of the Nightstone map in my own style because that 10ft grid and small tokens drove me nuts. After running the campaign twice I decided to do it up on my 3rd run through the game. I'll be redoing most of the maps for it in time. Unfortunately I don't think it's OK for me to share or release these maps, otherwise I would.