Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Natively Communicate with other Scripts?

Howdy, Ran into an "issue" recently where I wanted my API to trigger certain events with the excellent Torch lighting script.  I basically have world triggers that fire given certain times - and I wanted one of the triggering events to blow out all of the lights in an inn with a "mystical whoosh." Initially I tried sending chat messages as my gm's player - but because of the way the Torch script checks for gm authentication that wasn't possible.   So my question is - is there a way that I just haven't found through documentation to send API chat commands *as* the GM.  As it stands, the 'as' param on sendChat still ends up setting the sender as API but just the name as your players name.  Which doesn't pass auth. I ended up modifying the Torch script and creating 2 little helper methods for myself so I could call it directly and bypass, but I had to get familiar with the Torch script to modify it and now I can't use the official Torch API and would have to do deltas on updates which isn't ideal.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That's an interesting use case.  I can probably add some hooks for that, or at least assume the API is a GM.