Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for a GM (Shadowrun e5)

Hi, I’m looking for a gamemaster for Shadowrun 5e, preferably someone experienced with the system and willing to deal with six newbie runners (we just recently lost one to the call of DMing a different game) – two with tabletop experience (DnD specifically), one whose watched a few campaigns on YouTube (me), and the rest with no tabletop experience at all. One of us (me again) has a reasonable handle on the setting of the Sixth World. We are using the priority system for character generation. Now a little about the players. Most of us have experience in some freeform forum (free-forum ba-dum-tiss!) roleplay, so we’d probably best enjoy a homebrew campaign with an emphasis on multiple solutions and freedom of choice (or one of the printed scenarios with a few slight adjustments); we also enjoy character development and intense world building. Furthermore, this campaign should be more than just job after job and focus on the character’s lives besides what they do in the shadows. Speaking of the characters we have: Falzaar, a Sasquatch mercenary with a backstory straight out of a comic book; Igluuk Sugyet, a troll with crippling fear of children and a dark past; Mr. No Name (stc), our elven face with a knack of demolitions and a PhD in nonsense; the Raven, a middle-class elf magician, nothing special ; Titania, our six-armed vampire decker whose totally useless in combat; Yari, a cyber-furry gunslinger; and Frau Schmetterling (Mrs./Lady Butterfly), the ex-soldier who, despite her literal pink mohawk, is so black trenchcoat that it hurts her to be on this team. Thematically speaking, we’re going full neon pink mohawk in the beginning; however, a few of us were hoping to slowly go from that to black trenchcoat as the campaign goes on. Content-wise, we have one rule: NO SEX (or rather no graphic depictions of such organs and/or behaviours). but otherwise anything goes. We can always discuss specifics later on. We’d like to start playing as soon as possible, and we’d be meeting online – via Roll20 and Skype (or Twitch Curse) – once a week for two to four hours starting at 5:00-6:00PM (Central Time Zone-6:00). We have the basic sourcebooks: Run & Gun , Run Faster , Chrome Flesh , Street Grimoire , Data Trails , and Rigger 5.0 . however, we are only really using the first four.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You should put your time zone in your profile. It helps GMs and players choose you.
Oh, right. Shoot! Sometimes forget the internet is more than just the people around me. Time zones would be useful. Thanks for the feedback!
Just a lil' bump so that this doesn't get lost to the tides of oblivion.
As someone with a fair bit of Shadowrun experience, on both sides of the screen - seven players is probably nigh unmanageable. As a GM, I prefer 3 players over 5, and anything over 5 isn't even a consideration. Now, people experienced with SR may allow for maybe one extra, but especially with a group mostly new, 7 is probably not easy to arrange for.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I knew it was going to be a challenge, but I'm not one for saying no. I was kinda hoping the combination of patience, GM experience, and the sheer absurdity of the thing would make it easier, or at least could keep us all invested. Then again, some of them don't seem to invested. We wouldn't really know until after the first few sessions. Quick thought: Would two GMs make the situation more manageable? Probably not...
I make a poat looking for a gm, no attention. This guy talks about a game thats unmanagable that needs one and everyone posts on it. Lol, i dont get what i did wrong

Edited 1506440551
As a long term Shadowing GM, can confirm: even seven veteran SR players who have the rule books fully memorized and are experienced with role-playing would be extremely taxing. When you get into players who don't know Shadowrun or even don't know how to roleplay, seven is... It would be impossible to run in a way that is enjoyable. Shadowrun 5e has a lot of rules, and it requires a very different way of thinking than DnD. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Why not try FATE in a cyberpunk setting? Or possibly Shadowrun Anarchy for something more rules lite.
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Insomnant said: As a long term Shadowing GM, can confirm: even seven veteran SR players who have the rule books fully memorized and are experienced with role-playing would be extremely taxing. When you get into players who don't know Shadowrun or even don't know how to roleplay, seven is... It would be impossible to run in a way that is enjoyable. Shadowrun 5e has a lot of rules, and it requires a very different way of thinking than DnD. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Why not try FATE in a cyberpunk setting? Or possibly Shadowrun Anarchy for something more rules lite. I don't agree %100 with that. Yes the system is much more complicated than 5e but I can tell you I've run SR tables where no one had a clue about the rules except for me and we had an absolute blast. Even at one point there was a scenario where the technomancer had hacked into a system and security showed up I had to deal with TWO separate encounters at once and everyone loved every second of it. 7 is high but it's not impossible. You must have had a different kind of group.
Regardless of feasibility, there's also the issue that GMs are thin on the ground, and as a result they set their own rules, or pick groups according to their own comfort zones. A premade 7-person group with no chance to vet personalities as a GM would not be up for consideration to most available GMs.
Considering the limitations and requirements you would need a very secure GM or even finding a paid Gm if that is an option with your friends.

Edited 1506501636
I would be willing to talk this over with you and your group. The group is large and that while that is a bit of work it's not an issue. If you are interested send me a PM and we can talk it over.
Just a little bump to keep things interesting.
Here's me tossing another coin into the wishing well, though my pockets are already empty.