Compendium Update 9/26/2017

1506448113
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
We've pushed out a some major changes to the Compendium, including a new suit of list based views. Please let us know here if you are having any issues with the new functionality.
1506457061
Ravenknight
KS Backer
My Compendium seems to be down. Cant search anything.
1506461430
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
Ravenknight said: My Compendium seems to be down. Cant search anything. Are you searching from the web or in-app? What OS and Browser are you using. Are there errors in the console log?
1506461689
There appears to be quite alot of dead end searches, class feature wise at least.
1506462650
Jeff L.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
Austin said: There appears to be quite alot of dead end searches, class feature wise at least. Could you clarify what you mean by dead end?  What are you searching for, and what is the expected result?
1506462909

Edited 1506464273
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Example: "Not Found: Falling We don't currently have a page that matches that name. Try again?" We search in app and have problems finding stuff related to conditions, enviroment or characters, magic items and spells seems to be alright.  It can be related to the colon sign ":" Searching for "Conditions: Poisoned" doesn't work, but searching for "Conditions" do. Edit: "Ability Scores" works "Ability Scores: Ability Checks" doesn't work. Edit2: I forgot, we use Chrome.
1506464370

Edited 1506464645
Jeff L.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
Ravenknight said: Example: "Not Found: Falling We don't currently have a page that matches that name. Try again?" We search in app and have problems finding stuff related to conditions, enviroment or characters, magic items and spells seems to be alright.  It can be related to the colon sign ":" Searching for "Conditions: Poisoned" doesn't work, but searching for "Conditions" do. Edit: "Ability Scores" works "Ability Scores: Ability Checks" doesn't work. Okay, I can reproduce that behavior.  While it works on the compendium site, it seems the in-app search has a bug related to searching for sections of a given page.  I'll log this one and we'll get to fixing it.  Thanks! EDIT: It should be fixed now!  Just refresh your page and try searching.
I might be blind, but I don't see the advanced search link anywhere underneath the big pink search button. Not on Chrome, Firefox, nor on Mac or Chromebook. It looks the same as always. What obvious thing am I missing?
1506481646
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
keithcurtis said: I might be blind, but I don't see the advanced search link anywhere underneath the big pink search button. Not on Chrome, Firefox, nor on Mac or Chromebook. It looks the same as always. What obvious thing am I missing? Expect to see this for 5th Edition in the next couple days.
Ah, the thread announcing the updates was entitled: "5e Compendium updates", hence my confusion. :) In fact, I'm having trouble finding any Compendium behavior difference between today and yesterday. I'm not seeing the filtering and sorting features for instance. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm just not seeing what you're talking about it the blog post.
1506495435
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Jeff L. said: Ravenknight said: Example: "Not Found: Falling We don't currently have a page that matches that name. Try again?" We search in app and have problems finding stuff related to conditions, enviroment or characters, magic items and spells seems to be alright.  It can be related to the colon sign ":" Searching for "Conditions: Poisoned" doesn't work, but searching for "Conditions" do. Edit: "Ability Scores" works "Ability Scores: Ability Checks" doesn't work. Okay, I can reproduce that behavior.  While it works on the compendium site, it seems the in-app search has a bug related to searching for sections of a given page.  I'll log this one and we'll get to fixing it.  Thanks! EDIT: It should be fixed now!  Just refresh your page and try searching. Seems to be working, Jeff. Thanks.
I don't know if this update is to blame but very recently a few pages have gotten all scrambled. I know the ancient blue dragon & fighter class page are suffering and I haven't checked elsewhere yet. They used to be so neatly organized and easy to read. Now the stats are mixed together and all over the place.
1507126553

Edited 1507126766
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Is there any more detailed release notes so i know what i should be testing?  I personally don't see any updates, but again, i'm looking for a needle in a hay stack lol One thing i did notice is that the table CSS seems to be broken, see the before and after shot
1507134294
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
Thanks for pointing this out Giger. We're looking into it. Additionally the list views are going live and should be obvious very soon.
Giger said: Is there any more detailed release notes so i know what i should be testing?  I personally don't see any updates, but again, i'm looking for a needle in a hay stack lol One thing i did notice is that the table CSS seems to be broken, see the before and after shot Here's a screenshot of the attributes on the Veteran page As you can see the ability scores are all mixed in with hp, challeng rating, and various other stats; instead of in a neat STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA one after the other format. I don't remember what order all of the other stats were in, but I imagine they are out of place as well. 
1507862620
Bast L.
Pro
API Scripter
I don't know if this is due to the update, but in tonight's game, I had several popout characters open for NPCs, and a player wanted to summon a fire snake. So, I dragged the snake to the map from the compendium, and it overwrote each of the popout characters (including a custom one) with the Fire Snake's stats. Reloading, including getting everyone to leave, and then reloading didn't fix it. Had to delete those characters and drag new ones in from the compendium. A pretty big bug, if it's repeatable.
1507863142
My entire game was totally a bust that's the second time now come on I had to use to phone's with different apps. I had to refresh every two page's or roll's, then couldn't change one Macro, tHIS NIGHT ANYWAY YESTERDAY I SAT FOR OVER AN HOUR WAITING FOR TWO HANDOUTS! I Have six players per team. twelve people sitting for hour's doing nothing. I ask that this matter be handled please. Thank you for your time
1507863263
oh if it helps it only seemed to affect the pay-per play players and was limited to roll's and Macro's.
1508179017

Edited 1508179036
Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Editor
Bast L. said: I don't know if this is due to the update, but in tonight's game, I had several popout characters open for NPCs, and a player wanted to summon a fire snake. So, I dragged the snake to the map from the compendium, and it overwrote each of the popout characters (including a custom one) with the Fire Snake's stats. Reloading, including getting everyone to leave, and then reloading didn't fix it. Had to delete those characters and drag new ones in from the compendium. A pretty big bug, if it's repeatable. This should be fixed as of this morning. Compendium drops should no longer go through more than one character or affect popped out characters.
1508437959

Edited 1508437989
Today when I tried to drag and drop spells into 5th Edition OGL character sheets with the compendium enabled for the game in both Chrome and Firefox, it would not allow anything to drag and drop into the sheet. I have cleared my cache and tried both browsers, I do not have windows pop outs enabled, and it shows compendium drop allowed but it wont fill in the section and copy to the character sheet under spells (aka it wont highlight yellow). Any ideas? Thank you. 
1508526628

Edited 1508526634
Silvyre
Roll20 Mod Team
Hi Wyatt H. On the new 5e OGL sheet, spells dragged onto the Character Sheet create a new entry on the Spells page (they no longer highlight a section of the sheet yellow, nor can they replace an existing spell). After dragging-and-dropped a spell onto the sheet, try minimizing all of the spells on the Spells page, and looking for the newly-added spell. If this fails to help, could you please repost your concerns in the 5e OGL sheet's main thread ? That way, your post will be most visible to the Dev Team. Thank you!
1509720857
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the Adult Gold/Bronze/Silver dragons are missing their polymorph ability in the compendium.
1509730481

Edited 1509731475
Trivia
Roll20 Development Team
Hi Joshua, thanks for letting us know! In the future you can post WOTC specific reports over in the WOTC megathread, but it'll be fixed shortly :) https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5392197/wizards-... Edit: Actually those dragons do have the ability, it's listed as change shape ! 
1509824328

Edited 1509824353
The ancient ones do, yes, but not the adults: Per MM and SRD, Gold, Bronze, and Silver dragons should have Change Shape as Adults. In the Roll20 Compendium, they do not until Ancient, which should only apply to Copper and Brass metallic dragons.
Upon searching for wizard necromancy spells, I noticed Ray of Sickness wasn't popping up. Clearing the filters and searching for the term "ray" also showed no result of it. 
1510572775
Ziechael
Roll20 Mod Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shyleah P. said: Upon searching for wizard necromancy spells, I noticed Ray of Sickness wasn't popping up. Clearing the filters and searching for the term "ray" also showed no result of it.  The 5th Edition SRD Compendium can only contain information (such as race and class options, feats, spells, treasure, monsters, etc.) that is located within WoTC's Systems Reference Document . If WoTC releases more SRD content under an Open Gaming License, you can count on that being added to the Compendium.
1510951406
Trivia
Roll20 Development Team
Chrono - I am seeing that the Adults do have change shape  listed as abilities -  https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters:Adult.. Is there something else I'm missing?
1510957188
Mel said: Chrono - I am seeing that the Adults do have change shape  listed as abilities -  https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters:Adult.. Is there something else I'm missing? I do not see it as well. This is what I see for Traits and actions for the Adult Silver Dragon that you linked
1510960231
I see the same as the user above screenshotted, cache cleared and refreshed page.
1510975306

Edited 1510975363
If it helps I'll muddy the water and say that I am seeing the change shape ability on the link provided, as in this screenshot. It looks like I am seeing some formatting differences from what Kyle G. posted, so hopefully that helps in troubleshooting?
1511014087
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
What are the changes? I don't see anything different in the compendium. Thanks!
1511017311
Loren the GM said: If it helps I'll muddy the water and say that I am seeing the change shape ability on the link provided, as in this screenshot. It looks like I am seeing some formatting differences from what Kyle G. posted, so hopefully that helps in troubleshooting? I wonder, do you own the Monster Manual on Roll20? I don't, and I am viewing the compendium entries on Chrome, to help further try and narrow things.
Compendium only, no MM, here. I also see no shape change.
Chrono said: Loren the GM said: If it helps I'll muddy the water and say that I am seeing the change shape ability on the link provided, as in this screenshot. It looks like I am seeing some formatting differences from what Kyle G. posted, so hopefully that helps in troubleshooting? I wonder, do you own the Monster Manual on Roll20? I don't, and I am viewing the compendium entries on Chrome, to help further try and narrow things. Yes, I own the monster manual, and I also am using Chrome to view.
1511207672
Trivia
Roll20 Development Team
Hi folks, I was absolutely looking at the Monster Manual content, getting to the OGL content can be a little tricky to get to if you have the MM unlocked, I discovered!  All three of those metallic dragons are now updated, and I apologize for the back and forth here
1511638969
I wanted to bring up again the fact (it was mentioned above) that monster attributes in the compendium are no longer in sensible order (such as STR, DEX, CON, INT, etc. all together), but are now in an illogical not-quite alphabetical order. It has been like this for a month; can we get it back the way it was? It is very hard to use this way.
1511641244
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Eric S. said: I wanted to bring up again the fact (it was mentioned above) that monster attributes in the compendium are no longer in sensible order (such as STR, DEX, CON, INT, etc. all together), but are now in an illogical not-quite alphabetical order. It has been like this for a month; can we get it back the way it was? It is very hard to use this way. This.